Opinions on Keyboards?

1. lgesteemrush

lgesteemrush New Member

Hey all,

I've been looking around on the market for different types of keyboards available for my android, an LG Esteem, every since I got it in October.

I've tried the various keyboards such as Go Keyboard, and SwiftKey X, but I'm not too huge of fans of them.

Can you give me your opinions on the keyboards you may use, or know work well without lag?

Thanks for reading.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Unforgiven

Unforgiven What does this button do? Moderator

I had swype when it came with my D2, it was OK. SlideIt has some nice themes but it a little clunky in the way it does swiping and tapping. I am currently using FlexT9 which has a nice combination of the prior two.
  3. lgesteemrush

lgesteemrush New Member

On my Esteem, came two built in keyboards. The swype, which feels a little bit slow when I'm using it. It also came with some really terrible LG Keyboard, which is really terrible when it comes to typing fast, like I do. This FlexT9, is it too laggy?
  4. Unforgiven

Unforgiven What does this button do? Moderator

doesn't seem laggy at all to me. I used it for a long time on my Droid 2 and had no problems with it. I'm not sure how I ended up with slide it, but that is what I was running when I upgraded to the GNex, so I kept using it. I just recently switched back to FlexT9 but have not noticed any real lag and the text prediction is much better than SlideIt.
  5. KEB64

KEB64 Active Member

I like Swype for portrait mode.
  6. vipul619

vipul619 Well-Known Member

Perfect Keyboard (Matches with my ICS theme) > LG Keyboard (Flashable Zip) > Default Android keyboard
  7. UssjTrunks

UssjTrunks Well-Known Member

Swype is the best keyboard I've tried. Touchpal is also very good but recent updates have begun to cause it to force close.
  8. Adauth

Adauth Well-Known Member

FlexT9.
  9. LyndaKelly

LyndaKelly Member

Smart Keyboard for me.

Lynda~
    :p
  10. LucyCaboosey

LucyCaboosey Well-Known Member

I use an ICS keyboard but I'm not sure of who made it. I only switched because after I did an update on my phone they changed the stock keyboard so it had a really tiny space bar which meant I kept hitting the full stop next to it. I just wanted one with a full space bar really.