• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Opinions on portable chargers?

pm1066

Android Enthusiast
Jul 14, 2010
My only need for more batts with the X is on long flights, watching movies. The Chinese charger and 2 batss for $10 looks inviting, especially since I would need it relatively infrequently. The portable charges are all in the $40-$60 range, which is a bit steep.

Also, how do these things impact the battery being charged? Any potential for damage?

I ordered it.. even if the batteries onl;y hold 2/3rds of the charge off my original battery, thats plenty for extra juice. As long as I have enough time to recharge my original, its a good deal.

I also ordered a second wall charger for the 2nd battery as well.

You can get a cheap power inverter for your car and a multi plug, and then plug two of those wall chargers into it to charge two at a time. I used to do that, and also run my phone off the car battery with the original charger all the time with our old env2 phones.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones