Opinions on some features

Last Updated:

1. gahanAR

gahanAR New Member This Topic's Starter

Ive had the phone for only a couple days now and since then I've noticed some 'problems' or 'dealbreakers' for potential consumers. Or perhaps I just received a bad phone?

When I have been talking on the phone I have had problems every single time with the ear piece speaker muffling the sound. It sounds to me like a blown car speaker, not being able to hit the high or low tones. The same can be said about the back speaker when watching YouTube videos. Which leads me to my next point....why does it appear that the quality of the videos is so terrible? When compared to the iPhone3G (not the S) it was significantly worse when playing the same video. I thought this phone was supposed to be the best (second to the iPhone4) for video quality.

Any help for these problems or drawbacks would be greatly appreciated!

Advertisement
  2. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

The earpiece seems to be a problem with the phone. What i do when that happens is turn the earpiece down one from the highest setting or just a small blow to the earpiece gets rid of that blown speaker effect.

As for videos......all my vids look amazing!!!

3. gahanAR

Even when you use the stock YouTube app they look good? I've watched several videos like I stated and they still arent clear and crisp. Do you think this could be a defective device...? Seems like an odd defect however.

4. tysj

tysj Well-Known Member

Video playback on Youtube is set to low/normal quality when you are connected to 3g. You can change it to high quality mode by hitting the menu button and switch to high quality mode when the video is playing.

5. gahanAR

WOW! That is amazing and so simple. Why isn't it set to high quality to begin with? Seems kinda ridiculous. Thanks a lot though!! Do I have to do this with every video I watch?

6. s.m.knipe

s.m.knipe Well-Known Member

GahanAR, yeah you have to change it each time (at least I do apparently), but it is done simply for the bandwidth. By that I mean not only the actual load on the network downloading twice the video file size, but also the added time taken to download and watch the video. This was standard on T mobile with my Nexus too, so it is not another of AT&T's evil anti-Android shenanigans, it is actually meant to improve our experience. Although I agree, it is a pain to have to change it every time...

When I watch them connected to wifi it makes the video default setting HQ automagically, so maybe that's an option for you...