OpinionsGeneral

Last Updated: 2013-09-07 14:31:35
  1. jag83

jag83 Active Member

I'm due for an upgrade on Verizon, having a really hard time deciding on the maxx or waiting for the LG g2,what made you choose the maxx other than battery life?

Advertisement
  2. speede541

speede541 Well-Known Member

My Nexus.

^^ seriously
    jag83 likes this.
  3. Goldchamp

Goldchamp Grand Admiral VIP Member

Best phone I've owned so far. Perfect size, battery life, I can really say nothing bad about this phone.
    jag83 likes this.
  4. jag83

jag83 Active Member

What made you not wait for the g2?
  5. DSCR

DSCR Well-Known Member

The battery, of course. Clean os, not much skin in the way. Perfect size. Etc.

But, I am a moto fan boy from way back due to their radios and the ability to hold a signal and call when lg and all the others would fail. So far this translates to calls, wifi and 4g connections on my Maxx. It puts my gNex/Samsung to shame in all connections areas.

So, superior connections and battery life are the point for me.
    jag83 likes this.
  6. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

The Maxx's battery and Moto's close-to-stock build are what sold me on the Maxx. I won't buy an LG phone. Two friends had bad experiences with different LG handsets. I know many people love the Nexus 4, but I don't. If there is anything that the iPhone 4 taught us, it is the ridiculousness of building a phone with a back made of glass.
    jag83 likes this.
  7. 330D

330D From My Cold Dead Hands VIP Member

Having lived with an OG RAZR for nearly the last 2 years is what made me get a Maxx. I love that Motorola radios are the best in the business. The build quality is phenomenal, and the battery is literally not like anything else available. I have not been this happy with a new device in a long long time.
    jag83 likes this.
  8. cpfitness

cpfitness New Member

cmon, i like the phone too but stop acting like you can't spend an extra $30 to upgrade the battery on an s3 or s4 to be 50% bigger than this phones.
  9. Cincybearcatfan

Cincybearcatfan Well-Known Member

Yeah you can but you also make the S3 and S4 look like a deformed camel. All extended batteries make your phone look ridiculous. The Maxx having a 3500mah battery and still be as aesthetically beautiful is one of its best features.
    jag83 likes this.
  10. DSCR

DSCR Well-Known Member

And apparently, it's not just the battery. There seems to be done good power management by the CPU's, and the overall build. I do not believe that an equal battery on a different phone would yield the same usable results.

But then, I ain't the crispest chip in the bag.
    jag83 likes this.
  11. 330D

330D From My Cold Dead Hands VIP Member

And have a junk Samsung phone? Nah.
  12. jag83

jag83 Active Member

Thanks for the replies everyone, being a plumber, maybe the plastic build on the g2 won't be good for me, I think I'm going with the maxx
  13. melfunn

melfunn New Member

DMaxx is a solidly built phone. I have the Otter Box Commuter case wrapped around it. VZW had a package deal with case, screen protectors & a two USB outlet car charger.
    jag83 likes this.
  14. melfunn

melfunn New Member

I also like that Dmaxx stock clock widget has the 1% battery indicator.
  15. 18t

18t Well-Known Member

I didn't want a screen bigger than five and also didn't like the backside buttons. Also g2 reminded me of touch wiz which I hate.
  16. lewwill

lewwill Well-Known Member

Good choice, very tough phone. Put the bumper case on it and you are good to go. Pull up your pants. :D