• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Optical track pad lags

Quazar

Android Enthusiast
Oct 14, 2009
If you use the optical track pad and move through homescreens really fast, it becomes extremely choppy on my desire.
But when using the nexus one live wallpaper its totally smooth and not choppy at all.

I would have thought it would be choppy with the nexus one live wallpaper and not choppy with an ordinary one.

Can anyone confirm they have the same issue?

Choppy for me too, but only with normal wallpaper!

Sometimes I want to go to the complete opposite home screen, it's quickest with the optical track pad.

I done a little test as well;
Normal wallpaper, it is definitely a little choppy / laggy.
Live wallpaper, much smoother transition

...very strange since the live wallpaper will surely take more processing power to process?

Upvote 0
Choppy for me too, but only with normal wallpaper!

Sometimes I want to go to the complete opposite home screen, it's quickest with the optical track pad.

I done a little test as well;
Normal wallpaper, it is definitely a little choppy / laggy.
Live wallpaper, much smoother transition

...very strange since the live wallpaper will surely take more processing power to process?

Quickest would surely be to pinch and zoom or press the home key and then tap the screen you want? (helicopter mode)

I don't think the Desire was designed with rapid trackpad homescreen switching in mind :thinking:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones