• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Optimise buillt in camera

steve_f

Sep 30, 2009
Hi

I am trying to optimise the camera on my Hero.
I am aware that it is not the best camera out there and have accepted that.

I am aware that it's just a phone camera, so it's not for taking beautiful landscape photos. For me it's about being able to capture a a moment when out and about. So clarity is the key for me. I want it to be as bright as possible, not blurry, and the shot needs to be taken quickly before the subect or situation changes. Also, the time taken to save the photo must be reduced, in order to be able to take more shots quickly.

Anyone who has tried to photograph a pet or child will know what I'm talking about!!!!

I have resisted the man-urge to set everything to as high as possible!!
I have reduced the resolution to 1MP, taken off widescreen, set ISO to 400, set the quality to Normal, and increased the sharpness and brightness to +1.

It seems a bit better. Has anyone else tried to tweak the camera to get the same results as me?

PS:I have tried Camera zoom FX and found it not to be any better quality or faster despite the many extra settings.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones