• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Optimise Optimus 2X

kafka82

Aug 21, 2011
Hi All,

Im pretty new to mobile customisation...but I'd really like to know a bit more how to clean up my lovely Optimus and make it a bit faster.

It seems LG pre installed a lot useless applications also. Which do u reccomend to keep and which delete?

How to keep memory cleanest? Im using a task killer now..but not sure it is the only thing I need.

I often hear about "rooting" and "CM7" .. googled them but not sure I understood what they mean. Can you suggest a thread on the forum or a website?

Thanks

Hey,

right what you want to get rid of is "remote call" bassicly people prom LG can fix your phone remotley from a computar if its damaged but when youve rooted your phone and try to use it it asks for super user permission, now lg know youve rooted your phone and voided your warrenty and probably wont help you (its from what ive heard) if you dont have a car then you dont really need the "car home" app and just for good measure get rid of "preloaded apps"

if you download "andriod booster" from the android market and put it as a widget you will see the word "optimize" click it and everything that doesnt need to be running stops and frees up ram so the phone runs faster

Rooting: is giving you super user permission, like if you have a computar and it asks you to run as admin its sorta the same giving you access to things you wouldnt normally and there are root only apps like clockworkmod, ill get to that in a minute. another cool thing is overclocking your phone to run higher speeds, the LG 2X/G2X can be overclocked from 1.0GHZ too 1.5GHZ but will drain battery life if you underclock it it will save battery life but make your phone run slower.

theres many ways of rooting your phone but with the LG 2X Z4root and univsal androot do not work i dont no why.
superoneclick is the best option download that onto your computar make sure you have the phones drivers, open superoneclick and press root its that simple (you can also change your boot animation with root access) if your phone is running 2.2.2 froyo then you might have to change the "expolit" too "gingerbreak" this is what happened to me and it worked

Cyangenmod- its a custom rom, (read only memory) and it changes the layout features and many more things, i would say its easy changing a rom but if you watch tutorials its a piece of cake, i just dont seem to be able to change mine atm -.-

Clockworkmod is an app that lets you backup/restore and download custom roms like cyangenmod, theres a free and paid version i suggest the paid.

i hope this helps ! :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones