optimus 2x wifi and mms capabilitySupport

Last Updated: 2011-04-27 09:50:40
  1. mekaleka

mekaleka New Member

i am having problems...

1-accessing my wifi network!(it keeps going in and out)very annoying.
    t-mobile told me this was a known issue.
    anyone with the same issue???
    2-i can only send picture text (mms) over 4g data enabled. but, on my samsung galaxy s 3g i am able to send them without data enabled.
    Is picture text limited to 3g or am i just imagining things.

fyi T-mobile says there should'nt be an issue, however LG said you CAN'T send picture text without a data plan.
    I HAVE DONE IT

Advertisement
  2. Outlaw71

Outlaw71 Well-Known Member

Sounds like we have a difference of opinion here then.

:D
  3. aray213

aray213 Member

You cannot send out MMS via WIFI. What I noticed is if I am using something like go dev's SMS Pro it will not send MMS unless I turn off WIFI. If I use the stock Messaging setup it looks like it turns off the wifi temporarily to send out the MMS and then it goes back on wifi.
    Just my observation but then again maybe I was seeing things but it did work with the stock messaging and Chomp, Handcent, and SMS Pro didnt.
  4. mekaleka

mekaleka New Member

ok thx, I worked out the mms. Im beginning to think this phone is built around data plans (which i do not have)... my wifi shows connected but will not access the internet. i have tried 2 phones now and still not working. lg told me to return it. ha! well guess i will have to get data eventually.
  5. Outlaw71

Outlaw71 Well-Known Member

They sell this phone over in Europe without a data plan? I don't think you can even activate it over here without one. Maybe if you bought it outright off eBay or something, but not the subsidized phone. They give them to us for a discount (usually $200... but I got mine for $50) because they know they'll make money off of us in the long run off of our data plans. Just the regular service isn't that lucritive.