Optimus and multi-touch

Last Updated:

1. flax

flax Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,
    After upgrade from Optimus (GT540) with android 2.1. Does the phone get multi-touch?

Thank you in advance.

Advertisement
  2. dryhte

dryhte Well-Known Member

It actually can't get multi-touch because it's got a resistive display; multi-touch is (to the best of my knowledge) limited to capacitative displays. And not even all of them.

3. GoldenBulletXD

GoldenBulletXD Banned

:(

I Wish it had multi touch

4. Rooferkev

Rooferkev Well-Known Member

Why?

5. GoldenBulletXD

GoldenBulletXD Banned

6. Pencas

Pencas Member

Double tap the screen... Same thing. Surfing web with gt540 is pretty good experience... It is comfortable and you need only one hand to zoom in and zoom out :D (you know what i mean)

xgalexyx likes this.
  7. Kostas

Kostas Well-Known Member

Unfortunately there are many cases where multitouch is indispensable. Examples: Maps 5.0 (maybe thats the reason why the GT540 isnt getting the update) with several multitouch gestures,Games ,some apps that dont work without it(like a virtual piano where you cant play chords without multitouch),Some apps that should work but by design dont (like adobe acrobat reader where you cant control the zooming factor because it doesnt have on screen controls and double tapping doesnt do much because theres no text rewflow)

Unfortunately the situation will only get worse with time as more and more devs drop support for phones wihtout multitouch (like Adobe did)

8. Nirob

Nirob Well-Known Member

yay! My 100th post! :D :D :D

I use Google Maps v5... Search in the Market.. If it isn't available in your region use Market Enabler (Available in Market)...

Or the easiest way is, download it from here: Download free Google Maps app for Android at Freeware Lovers & install... :D

Note: For hardware limitation, all the features are not available for GT540...

Kostas likes this.
  9. Kostas

Kostas Well-Known Member

Thanks i didnt know that. I have no idea why it doesnt show up in them market. This is one of the things that ticks me off about android. Also i hate it how you cant tilt and rotate the map, as i said in the previous post

10. Nirob

Nirob Well-Known Member

Welcome... :) There are many apps which are only available in USA... You can get them easily using Market Enabler... :D And about Map rotating, you can do it in v5.. :D :D :D Click on the 'My Location' button (Top-Right button) twice & you'll get an angle view.. Now, rotate your phone... :D ;)

11. lukemovement

lukemovement Well-Known Member

there is a way to get it but i think it need a custom