• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help optimus battery not accurate. even after being sent a new phone

my original lq optimus 2x was working fine for a few months. then i noticed that i would have it discharging and it would stay at a certain %. it was only when i turned off the phone and back on, that it suddenly was lower. then it would stick at the number til i did the reboot again. my phone was sent for repair twice with no luck. lg went and replaced the phone and im having the exact same problem now with this phone (i looked up the imei number and it is a different phone)
i rooted the phone and did a battery calibration with no luck. it seems to charge fine, sometimes. i had it charging last night and it only charged to 90%. this happened as well with my original phone.

lge has been totally helpless with the problem and i was with wind mobile but they also have been a headache to deal with. any help is greatly appreciated.

i'm running froyo if it matters.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones