• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

optimus contacts

lggirl

Lurker
Feb 7, 2011
ok so I have an optimus, why do each of my contacts have the same phone number multiple times? I have my google account and facebook account sync'ed. And my contacts were carried over from my old phone. Is that causing this? And is there any other way to delete all the extra #'s other than going into each one individually? Thanks for your help!!:p

Welcome to the Android Forums!

This is a theory... so don't quote me on this but it sounds like:

a. When you got the phone someone imported all of your existing contacts into the phone. These may have come over as local contacts.

b. You had contacts in your Gmail account that got sync'd to the phone.

c. You had facebook contacts that were separately sync'd to your phone.

Assuming this is true then you likely have up to three copies of each contact on your phone. This would explain why you are seeing each contact multiple times on your phone. To resolve you'll need to link your various contacts together.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones