Optimus G Died... Live fast, die young!Support

1. jhaaaa

jhaaaa New Member

I loved this phone. It was amazing.

I was using it one moment. Put it down. Picked it up and it was dead. I have data on the phone that I do not want to lose. I should have backed it up...I know...but the phone, as I said, was amazing. I could not have imagined that it would die on me.

Some notes: The phone would get quite HOT sometimes...and in hindsight, I think the touchscreen response time was lagging or locking up over the last few days... The phone was so FAST -- perhaps it self-imploded?!

I have tried to turn it on/reboot, obviously. Nothing.

I have attempted to charge it...though I know its battery was full when it died. Nothing. The LED will not even turn on when I plug it in.

I took it into to Best Buy (where I bought it) for help -- but because I didn't buy their mafia Protection Plan they would not help me.

I chatted with LG and they said to just send it back, but they would not be able to save my data. They advised me to take it to Sprint to see if they can save the data.

Any thoughts? Anyone hear of this happening to others?

Is there a reset button I could poke at -- though I imagine I would lose the data in this case.

Thank you for whatever help you can provide!

J-Ha

Advertisement
  2. thunder18

thunder18 Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, any kind of reset would erase all data. Wow! That's a beating. I'm sorry to hear that. I actually need to take mine in because the proximity sensor appears to be completely dead. I want to replace it via Best Buys Premier Silver exchange so we'll see if that works or not.
    jhaaaa likes this.
  3. jhaaaa

jhaaaa New Member

Thank you for the moral support, thunder18! I wish you well with your proximity sensor...

I went in to a Sprint repair center -- the guy plugged the phone in and the battery was completely drained, but it recognized that it was plugged in.

When the phone died, I tried to revive it by plugging it in -- using two different cables and two different outlets. Nothing. The guy at Best Buy also plugged it in and nothing happened.

When the phone went dead, I know that it had a full battery -- perhaps it just got caught in an odd loop and would not turn on again until the battery was fully drained? Sounds plausible...

I am installing dropbox right now... =)

Take care,

J-Ha
  4. thunder18

Awesome! Glad to hear you're back in action. Strangely enough, my proximity sensor started working as I was calling best buy just before I was going to go there and exchange the phone.
  5. thunder18

Oh, make sure you install Box as well. You get 20GB free with the Optimus G.
  6. mickey4mice

mickey4mice Well-Known Member

Really? How do I get that? I've AT&T version of LGOG.
  7. thunder18

I don't for sure know if it's included with the AT&T version since you guys have a micro SD card slot, but simply download the box app from Google Play and when you register, it should give you 20 GB for free.
  8. mickey4mice

I installed box app today and got an instant upgrade to 50GB personal account. pretty sweet deal. Fwiw, I later uninstalled the app because I use solid explorer to access cloud stuff, the upgrade is permanent, install once you're all set.
  9. thunder18

That's awesome! Glad to hear it.
    Could you explain more about this Solid Explorer?
  10. mickey4mice

it's a file manager capable of Dropbox, box, skydive & Google drive mgmt. I've Dropbox app installed so I can upload directly from other apps but for other accounts, I just log-in from solid explorer and use its dualpane panel to manage my files on the cloud. it's a paid app but I think a few other free file manager apps also support cloud storage. just do a search on play store.
    thunder18 likes this.