Optimus Logic?

1. mynamestiki1

mynamestiki1 Active Member

Im posting this in here because I cant find a forum for the specific device. And I feel this is where its most likely to be seen.

Im thinking about picking up the LG Optimus Logic. Its like 80 bucks and runs off AT&T towers. I have a prepaid Optimus Net wich I like a lot but Sprint coverage isnt as good as I would like. My questions are does anyone have this phone? If so has anyone rooted it yet? Also how is the display? Thank you in advance guys.

Advertisement
    :
  2. NGD1

NGD1 Well-Known Member

hello mynamestiki1 i relocated your thread to "other androids"
    you will find better responses in here and your questions will be answered quicker.

=]
  3. mynamestiki1

Check it out guys. I'm gonna buy one from walmart and try to root it. Ill try all the oneclick methpds and ill post the results as well as a review of the phone. Mmmmmkayy?
  4. mynamestiki1

Phone is a complete and total disaster. Walmart is getting it back.
    First of all the battery cover is too small for the phone. It cant be properly attached . The logic ran great for a few hours. Very fast and smooth. I hooked the phone up to wifi and downloaded a few apps, and the phone prompted me to update the software. So I did. Now the phone slows down gradually to just short of frozen in about thirty minutes of up time. It seems as if the processor is underclocking itself slowly to about 196mhz and just getting stuck there. Phone is so slow i cant use it. Its bizzare. Ill be really surprised if there isn't a recall on it. Steer clear of the logic guys.
  5. kingmt

kingmt Well-Known Member

This seems like a nice phone. Wish I could get adb sdk to find it. Maybe someone will come along with advice.
  6. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ± Moderator

You have the Optimus Logic?
    Do you mean, when you type "adb devices", nothing comes up?
  7. kingmt

kingmt Well-Known Member

It is a LGL35G. It is running Android) 2.3.6, Kernel) 2.6.38-perf+, Build Number) GRK39F, Software Ver) V10f-JUL-20-2012.

That is correct.

I tried One Click also which can read the model & gets to pushing su file but says "failed to get root shell". (Wording isn't exact)
  8. Lexam

Lexam Member

Hi guys, this my first android phone since my G1. Before I just had a crappy flip phone.

I think the reviewer above got a bad phone, I've had mine for about a week, now. No slow down, but is probably slow compared to a Galaxy. One thing I noticed and maybe all smart phones are like this. It only has 118mb to install apps on. I thought that was rather limited.

I have not tried to root it yet, as I am a newb. But if somebody figures it out I would like to know. I'm wondering if Jellybean's improvements would help it. And hey Jellybean!

Oh and this is my first post, so Hi!
  9. Lexam

Lexam Member

Another thing. I have 2 music players on here. I don't need 2 but they are there and I can't get rid of either. And does anyone know if you can access books on you sd card with the Google Books app? I can't seem to. Using FBreader right now, and it's doing alright.
  10. kingmt

kingmt Well-Known Member

Your probably right about not needing 2 but if we do get root for this then make a backup before deleting because one of them probably isn't just a music player but controls something else.
  11. kingmt

kingmt Well-Known Member

Jcase just got root for us. I'll post a link.
  12. baktrak

baktrak New Member

There it is, just got my daughters rooted doing this, now to remove pre installed apps.
  13. kingmt

kingmt Well-Known Member

scary alien likes this.
  14. Lexam

Lexam Member

That is awesome! Thank you so much. Going to try it now.
  15. Lexam

Lexam Member

Ok I followed the directions. It rebooted a few times. Downloaded Superuser. How can I tell it's rooted now?
  16. Lexam

Lexam Member

17. kingmt

kingmt Well-Known Member

Thanks but as you can see it is already rooted. As far is I know my wife's was the first one rooted. That is where Jcase got root. It was assume to watch him work.

When you open Superuser slide to the screen far left. Tap ota survival. Superuser will ask for permission. Allow Superuser & you are good to go.

If you seen the # during the process that is root so you should be good to go.
  18. Lexam

Lexam Member

My "abd device" list wouldn't show my phone either, until I downloaded those drivers and it worked fine. That's why I was pointing him that way.

Got my rom and everything else backed up. Now I'm going to install the latest cynogenmod. So not Jelly bean but I'll take icecream sandwich.
  19. kingmt

kingmt Well-Known Member

No problem man. I used another phones drivers because I didn't find the one for this one.

Glad you posted it for the next person.
  20. kingmt

kingmt Well-Known Member

When you say backedup are you saying a nandroid or a TB? Are you sure about CM & ICS?
  21. Lexam

Lexam Member

I used Rom Manager https://play.google.com/store/apps/...xLDMsImNvbS5rb3VzaGlrZHV0dGEucm9tbWFuYWdlciJd

and to do the back up and restore. Worked flawlessly with my contacts and everything. It makes an image of your system I believe.

As for CM I got the Mod here CyanogenMod Downloads

It is CM9 which is Ice Cream Sandwich. CM 10 is Jelly Bean but there isn't a rom for that yet.
    baktrak and kingmt like this.
  22. kingmt

kingmt Well-Known Member

Sweet I'll check it out. Thanks.
  23. kingmt

kingmt Well-Known Member

Is this what you used?
    e400 LG
    Optimus L3
    nightly Direct Download :
    cm-9-20121028-NIGHTLY-e400.zip
    md5sum: 6d5c191efa7017dcc491b90e761ba878
    Short URL: http://get.cm/get/4vb
    120.58 MB 2012-10-28 10:05:07

This looks like experimenting & I hate to put something on the open forum that might brick someone's phone so can you gtalk me at kingmt01@gmail.com ? A PM would work also but I'd like to talk in real time.

Thanks.
  24. Lexam

Lexam Member

Yes the L3/E400 seems to be the same phone. But with any rooting and changing of roms you may brick your phone. Try at your own risk. I bricked this one. Found the recovery boot is "volume down, home button, power button" Hold the first two down then push your power until the lg logo shows up and let go.
    kingmt likes this.
  25. kingmt

kingmt Well-Known Member

That recovery only works after flashing CWM. Before flashing it will do a factory reset.
    Lexam likes this.