• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root optimus m rooted? no music volume?

taekwondo45

Lurker
Jul 23, 2012
I had an optimus m from metro pcs (pretty crappy service). I upgraded big time to verizon samsung s 3 for normal use. I wanted to use my old phone as a mp3 player. I think I rooted it, not even sure. There is no service with metro pcs. Can I not use the music player. It seems to play but nothing comes out. I also connected it to headphones and stereo. Obviously I turned the volume up and went through the settings on the phone to make sure it wasn't set to silent. Can someone please help?

Many thanks in advance, Henry

I believe the phone is not rooted. I am installing root checker later in the day, when I have wifi service. I tried at home but it seems to fail. I am fairly certain metro pcs has disabled most if not all of my functionality for this phone when I cancelled service, hence my fcc complaint today against them.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones