optimus m rooted? no music volume?

1. taekwondo45

taekwondo45 Member

I had an optimus m from metro pcs (pretty crappy service). I upgraded big time to verizon samsung s 3 for normal use. I wanted to use my old phone as a mp3 player. I think I rooted it, not even sure. There is no service with metro pcs. Can I not use the music player. It seems to play but nothing comes out. I also connected it to headphones and stereo. Obviously I turned the volume up and went through the settings on the phone to make sure it wasn't set to silent. Can someone please help?

Many thanks in advance, Henry

Advertisement
  2. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

Once you plug in head phones and start playing the music, turn up the volume.
  3. taekwondo45

taekwondo45 Member

I did do that. Nothing happened. I even tried aux in to my stereo which works on my other phone.
  4. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

Are you running rooted stock?
    taekwondo45 likes this.
  5. taekwondo45

taekwondo45 Member

I just used some software I found online, it said that it was successful. I am a total newbie. How do I even know my phone is actually rooted? And why can't I hear the music?
  6. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

Search root checker in the Google Play Store :)
  7. taekwondo45

taekwondo45 Member

I believe the phone is not rooted. I am installing root checker later in the day, when I have wifi service. I tried at home but it seems to fail. I am fairly certain metro pcs has disabled most if not all of my functionality for this phone when I cancelled service, hence my fcc complaint today against them.