optimus mGeneral

1. cammykool

cammykool Well-Known Member

is metro still offer the optimus M i have the admire and i cant even root it! i loved my optimus v sdo i thought ide ry it

Advertisement
  2. BrandonOptimus

BrandonOptimus Well-Known Member

Sadly no. It got discontinued. From what I heard, other sites and stores sell it though
  3. Insanecrane

Insanecrane Well-Known Member

Not to get off topic but the Admire can be rooted.
  4. BrandonOptimus

Yerp, but is it for 2.3.3 or 2.3.4?
  5. cammykool

cammykool Well-Known Member

i know it cxan be but my computer gives me a few lovely errors like
  6. douglasr007

douglasr007 Well-Known Member

It's iffy. When I got my LG Optimus M from Best Buy 2 months ago, one store didn't have it and he said the phone was discontinued so no more shipments would come in with more phones. However, I found another Best Buy with 1 LG Optimus M left and lucked out.
  7. BrandonOptimus

Yeah, I was a lucky one who got a new one in September. I guess if you know the manager a lot of a store, he can pull some tricks for you :p Where I live, theres too many old people, they would settle for a small 12button keyboard phone. Thats why where I live, getting an OM isn't hard. It's just a simple can I have one? *They check* 5 mins later they give you one* You hand money* Your good to go :p
  8. vanceable

vanceable Member

Go to newegg.com and search for it. I ordered one this week for like $69 with free shipping.
  9. Insanecrane

Insanecrane Well-Known Member

I just rooted a 2.3.3 and I know that over at XDA they are working on a way for 2.3.4 so it shouldn't be long.

My bad, I should have clarified the version in my original post.
  10. raber99

raber99 New Member

I just got one on ebay that is brand new, never been activated,
    still sealed in factory plastic for $45 bucks.....amazing phone.
  11. jleigh2536

jleigh2536 New Member

how do you know what type of optimus m phone you have? Maybe that is my prob of not being able to root..but gingerbreak does not work anymore...z4root ends up being some sync thing...ughhh
  12. Fox Mulder

Fox Mulder Well-Known Member

Go to Settings>About Phone. The Android version is listed as well as the SW version (ZVx). z4root only worked on the early version w/2.2.