• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Optimus S Revert to 2.2 (LS670ZVD)

Sprint made it so easy to download and revert to ZVD. Is there an easy way to revert to ZVC without rooting?

I wonder why the custom ROM developers can't (perhaps decompile and) hack Sprint's method to make it that easy to install a custom ROM without going through all of the rooting hassle. Encryption?

My wife, son, and I all refused the ZVD update and are still on ZVC (which allows us to get free WiFi Hotspot through the Quicksettings app) but unfortunately my daughter accepted the ZVD update. I'd love to be able to get her back to ZVC (without rooting) as easily as the Sprint update method listed in the link above.

It's interesting to note that nobody in my family (here in CA) was offered the Gingerbread update. Fortunate, I guess.

Upvote 0
Razz,

Eh the process isn't too hard, but takes a little time. I was a little too proactive when they pushed out the first update...borked up my phone and lost root. So I used the LG Mobile Support Tool and KP500 method to restore it back to a previous firmware. I followed the instructions precisely and it was relatively painless.

Best source of info on this would be [How-to] Revert to LS670V9, after installing OTA LS670VC/VD, using KP500 (Diag mode) - Android Forums

The instructions on that page apply to reverting to any older software...and you don't have to do the root if you don't want to.

Upvote 0
Hello Froyo and goodbye Gingerbread!

I did not have internet access to my computer last night so I (1) Downloaded the 'update.zip' file to my phones sdcard using "Opera Mini 6", (2) Installed "AndroZip File Manager" (free) and moved 'update.zip' from downloads to "AndroZip's" home page. (3) Turned of phone, and followed the steps listed at Sprint. After a couple of times getting stuck at the Android logo, I pulled the battery and tried again.

Hello Froyo, Here I am! Now I want to do it again! The steps I took worked for me, I am no expert, considering I've only had an android phone for a month.

Thank you to all who made it possible for me to fix my phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones