Optimus slider case?Tips

Last Updated:

1. dgodwin1

dgodwin1 Member

My inlaws picked up sliders on Monday, and I want to get them cases. I have the otterbox for my optimus v, but didn't see an otterbox for the slider. Any suggestions?

Advertisement
  2. I don't think they make an otterbox for the slider cause its not all one piece.. I just bought a case today on amazon they have a lot of nice ones out there. The slider cases come in 2 hard pieces that snap on to the front and back, and there are some that have that rubberized feel like otterbox.
  3. biggpat86

biggpat86 Well-Known Member

i too was wondering what cases everyones been using. ive been thinking about picking one of these devices up for a while but i want a good case for it. i noticed body glove makes a case for it, just gotta search for the enlighten.

still would love to know what case (if any) actual users have been using
  4. gadgetmonster

gadgetmonster Well-Known Member

5. LazrJay

LazrJay Member

Got mine at RS - it's very nice @19.99
  6. Mewkiss

Mewkiss Well-Known Member

I had a case for a different slider phone and the brackets snapped off the bottom when I opened the slider and the top broke when I took it off to put a screen protector on it.

I'm curious to see if anyone has had that problem before I buy a case for this.
  7. nhmercracer

nhmercracer New Member

I bought the Body Glove rubberized case for my Slider. Bought from Amazon, was about $20. Fits well. comes with a clip, or you can replace the clip with a plug for a smooth look. Snaps on firmly, but I can remove it without too much trouble, and without damage.
  8. Mewkiss

Mewkiss Well-Known Member

I saw those and they are out of stock. I also wanted something in a color so it doesn't blend in with all my other black devices. I just got this. It is 3 pieces with foam on the back. I'll see how it goes.

http://www.amazon.com/Metallic-Fish...TF8&coliid=I27GH5DOVDBOF0&colid=1BKT128P7GUR8
  9. rexxcastle

rexxcastle Well-Known Member

I just got mine (Body Glove)off ebay for $8.99 free shipped. the seller ships hella fast and the case was legit

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices
  10. Barky

Barky Active Member

There's a bunch of cases on eBay, lots of colors and designs. You see some of the same ones in the mall kiosks, but for much more money. I picked one up for under $7 with shipping. It's hard plastic, with that coating that gives it a rubberized feel. It fits fine, and there's no problem with sliding the keyboard. There's some fancier cases for just a little more.

Search eBay for Optimus Slider case, Enlighten case, VM701 case, LS700 case, or VS700.
  11. jwrobel0398

jwrobel0398 Member

I'm having a real problem with this issue. If you get the two piece snap on type you can't use the leather carrying case as the phone wont fit. And, I haven't found a thin enough simple gel skin that will work either. I'm also very perturbed about the lack of documentation in the user guide explaining how to do even the simplest things.
    zerogvfx likes this.
  12. rexxcastle

rexxcastle Well-Known Member

i just ordered a slide in belt clip holster for a similar sized slide keyboard phone. if it fits i will let everyone know what it is.
  13. KillerKat222

KillerKat222 New Member

i got 1 off amazom for 14 that was rly nice!
  14. zerogvfx

zerogvfx New Member

Amen to that!