• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Optimus T No Service

pepo2388

Feb 4, 2012
Hello! I really need help, I tried flashing custom recovery but seems when i did gingerbreak didnt root the phone or something i dont know what happen then my phone got into an LG boot loop, after that with KDZ I was able to restore the phone but i was not able to take off airplane mode.
I reinstall custom recovery with z4root and i was able to do so.
I install cyanogenmod but still cant get it off airplane mode.
after that I install a baseband update an i was able to take it off airplane mode but when i look for networks it says unable to find mobile networks.
I still dont know what to do... is the cellphone broke already, do i have to give up?
PLEASE HELP!!!

Ok, I'm back. Go here first New pre-packaged ADB installation w-pre-packaged-adb-installation&catid=40:how-tos&Itemid=57
After installing the ADB then go here Download Free Java Software You want to download and install the Java 6
After install go here Droid@Screen | RiboComments follow the tutorial for the set up. This will allow me to see exactly what is on your phone screen a split second after it happens.
I have to set up the other deal while your installing all the above. Don't worry if it doesn't show a serial number after typing in "adb devices" if it doesn't work I've got another code that might work.

Upvote 0
I'm not sure how much help I will be here as I'm not to familiar with the phone. But it could be that your imei has been wiped, so the first thing to do is check in settings, about phone, status and make sure this doesn't say unknown.

I can see the IMEI but
my phone number says Unknown
network unknown
mobile network type unknown
service state radio off
mobile network state disconnected

Upvote 0
I've been looking around in the "M" forum as they deal with this sort of thing on there phones a bit more. You might get some ideas from some of the things there doing with getting service reconnected after a bad flash, if T mobile can't help.
I'll keep an eye out for your post here.

Upvote 0
I've been looking around in the "M" forum as they deal with this sort of thing on there phones a bit more. You might get some ideas from some of the things there doing with getting service reconnected after a bad flash, if T mobile can't help.
I'll keep an eye out for your post here.

I've try to look but all them says that i have to do a restore from Kdz and it should work but i dont have the same luck i think the phone is already broke :(

Upvote 0
Don't give up just yet. Let me read up some more on getting your service back.
Did you loose service before you flashed the new firmware or after?
I have to check and see how to go about doing the remote assist as I've never attempted it before. I've got the windows messenger account and remote assist checked in the proper place, so thats all good.
Going to help an eldery brother with some yard work this morning then will be able to dig into your problem afterward.

Upvote 0
I've done some reading up and it appears that the new baseband operates on a frequency that Tmobile doesn't support. So you won't be able to run roms which needs the new one. I have found a fix which should let you run cm7 on the old baseband.
[Fixed][15-1-12]Old baseband fixed - xda-developers

If that doesn't work I think you will have to find a ROM which uses the old one.

Upvote 0
Don't give up just yet. Let me read up some more on getting your service back.
Did you loose service before you flashed the new firmware or after?
I have to check and see how to go about doing the remote assist as I've never attempted it before. I've got the windows messenger account and remote assist checked in the proper place, so thats all good.
Going to help an eldery brother with some yard work this morning then will be able to dig into your problem afterward.

when the phone got into the lg boot up loop i reinstall using kdz then there was no service

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I really appreciate your effort guys! a lot! I will need to buy a new phone!
again thank you very much !

Is there an "x" where the signal bars should be? (Please answer that),
If there is, the try these two methods. Dial *#*#4636#*#* and scroll down. If that doesn't work, try downloading an app called LTE ON/OFF. The purpose is to scroll down and look for a button that says radio on/radio off.

Upvote 0
Is there an "x" where the signal bars should be? (Please answer that),
If there is, the try these two methods. Dial *#*#4636#*#* and scroll down. If that doesn't work, try downloading an app called LTE ON/OFF. The purpose is to scroll down and look for a button that says radio on/radio off.

Yes i have a x on top of the signal bars but the thing is when i go to phone information and I try to turn on radio doesn't do anything, when i try to change the network type the list comes up and i choose one of the one that is there and nothing happens.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones