• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Optimus T No Service

Ok. I've compiledthis file which is a XML for T-Mobile sons.
Go to the market, downlooad APN BACKUP RESTORE and the place said file in your apnbackuprestore folder on your SD card. Open the app. Select backup current apn. Choose a filename for it. Then choose delete apn. Then choose restore apn and select the XML you downloaded. Hope it works.

Reactions: AndyOpie150
Upvote 0
Ok. I've compiledthis file which is a XML for T-Mobile sons.
Go to the market, downlooad APN BACKUP RESTORE and the place said file in your apnbackuprestore folder on your SD card. Open the app. Select backup current apn. Choose a filename for it. Then choose delete apn. Then choose restore apn and select the XML you downloaded. Hope it works.

the phone needs to be rooted?

Upvote 0
I'm asking because I tried to do what you told me but i get an error: Null and i restore the apn with the file you gave me.
ok theres one more thing i can do.
Im going to compile one more xml file for you of TMO's APNs.
And then attempt to restore your APN from it. If it doesn't work, then you should throw your phone in a lake.

Upvote 0
Hello! I really need help, I tried flashing custom recovery but seems when i did gingerbreak didnt root the phone or something i dont know what happen then my phone got into an LG boot loop, after that with KDZ I was able to restore the phone but i was not able to take off airplane mode.
I reinstall custom recovery with z4root and i was able to do so.
I install cyanogenmod but still cant get it off airplane mode.
after that I install a baseband update an i was able to take it off airplane mode but when i look for networks it says unable to find mobile networks.
I still dont know what to do... is the cellphone broke already, do i have to give up?
PLEASE HELP!!!

The baseband I used for Cyanogenmod 7.2 was P500-v20g-baseband. Once I installed this baseband, it could discover my T-Mobile.

When I was going through the process of putting cyanogenmod on my phone, I found this post to be a lifesaver; http://androidforums.com/optimus-t-all-things-root/455670-how-i-unbricked-two-phones.html I had to unbrick my phone a couple of times during my modding.

jnh

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones