• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Optimus T stuck in boot loop (possible TiBu issue?)

TnIan

Jul 18, 2011
I have an Optimus T, rooted but with the stock ROM. I ran the Titanium Backup "integrate Dalvik into ROM" function, which seemed to work fine, but it didn't free up that much space, so I ran the "undo Dalvik cache integration".

It rebooted, and now it seems to be stuck in a loop at the Android logo.

The "Master Reset" (T-Mobile Support Community: Master reset using hardware keys - LG Optimus T) does not work - the recovery screen appears briefly, then it goes into the Android boot loop.

Is there anything I can possibly do?

Sometimes it's not a good idea to factory reset a rooted phone. Might = Brick.
Pull battery and hold power button down for 30 sec. If that doesn't work:
Your going to have to install a custom flash_image and recovery using you computer and ADB.
If you need help look in the All things Root sub-forum where I'm going to move this for you.
If you want, if nobody responds, I can help you get ADB and research the proper info for getting a custom recovery on your phone. Just click on my name and pm me.

EDIT: Left a one week redirect so your thread will be seen in both places for one week. You should be good before then.

Reactions: TnIan
Upvote 0
Well, the "integrate into ROM" seems to work fine (I did that on my Optimus V with no problems). It's just the "undo integration" that seemed to bork my Optimus T, or at least that's the last thing I did before it stopped working. Guess I won't be doing that on the OV. :)

But, yeah, the whole idea seems pretty iffy. If I didn't have CM7 on the OV, I wouldn't've done it (CM7 moves dalvik into the /cache partition, which is pretty small on the OV, so I needed to get some data out of there). That's not the case with the stock OT, so I probably shouldn't've fooled with it in the first place.

Upvote 0
I have an Optimus T, rooted but with the stock ROM. I ran the Titanium Backup "integrate Dalvik into ROM" function, which seemed to work fine, but it didn't free up that much space, so I ran the "undo Dalvik cache integration".

It rebooted, and now it seems to be stuck in a loop at the Android logo.

The "Master Reset" (T-Mobile Support Community: Master reset using hardware keys - LG Optimus T) does not work - the recovery screen appears briefly, then it goes into the Android boot loop.

Is there anything I can possibly do?

I'm in the same position after doing the same function in Titanium Backup.
I could use the help with finding out how to get out of the Android bootloop.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Robert

Upvote 0
This worked for me:

http://androidforums.com/optimus-t-support-troubleshooting/455670-how-i-unbricked-two-phones.html

Read the whole thing - the original instructions worked fine, but I recommend downloading a different ROM (I linked to it further down the thread).

Where could I find the correct Rom for an Optimus V? I didn't mention that
mine was a V instead of a T. I'm concerned if I use the wrong download,
I'll have even more problems.

How can I search for the download for the V?

Thanks a million

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones