Optimus V rooting? ....i think

Last Updated:

1. jtragna

jtragna Well-Known Member

Hi, im very new here and i dont know if i posted this in the right area but i want to root my phone, and install a custom ROM, ive tried so many tutorials and i want to start over, i tryed to root with gingerbreak but im not sure if that worked....i dont think it did so i tryed SuperOneClick....clicked on root said it was already rooted...tryed shell root....failed....tryed unrooting on it failed couldnt find the root. i have all the drivers installed and im running 2.2 Froyo on it....all i want to do is install a Gingerbread Rom to help save battery...the text messaging theme and all! Please help...i also tryed unrooting using unrooting using gingerbreak. please help! thanks! :confused:

Advertisement
  2. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

jtragna likes this.
  3. jtragna

i have the LG Optimus V running 2.2 Froyo
    and thanks alot!
  4. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

Ok, those links are for you then. :D
  5. benslgdroid

benslgdroid rockstar Guide

There's different 2.2 there's 2.2.1 and 2.2.2 which one is very important. Also look in your apps if you see super user app then gingerbreak worked
  6. jtragna

it is the most recent one Virgin Mobile has uploaded on the phone so probrably 2.2.2 and i do have super user.
  7. jtragna

Did you use this guide? because my phone is taking a while to boot up its been 10 minutes...im scared.....ahhh.....
  8. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

Yes, that's the same guide I used. I don't remember how long but I don't think it was 10 minutes. What is it doing? What have you done so far?
  9. benslgdroid

benslgdroid rockstar Guide

If you have super user you are rooted gingerbreak won't install it unless it roots. Now you need to finish the steps in root without a computer.
  10. jtragna

i got everything to work and got a custom ROM....thanks Everyone!!