• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Optimus V unrooted (Or is it?)

Cars066

Feb 3, 2011
So I went through the process of rooting my optimus V via the xda guide. During the recovery mode process, I was prompted to make a "nandroid" backup file before the wipe, flash, and reboot. Well I didn't much like the root after boot-up and i wanted to revert. Intuitively, I reconnected it to my pc and through ADB I "unrooted" it. I then went into recovery mode and did a nandroid restore using my previously created file (I'm assuming, it was the only file in the nandroid recovery interface)... Voila(?) it was back to before the entire operation even started.

My question is, am I really back to stock just like that? is all legal and truly at the same state of before the root? How exactly did the recovery work.

Forgive me if this is the wrong forum area for this - please move it if so.

Nope it was all there, apparently. I deleted the other backups, roms, and tools i used to flash and root. I will probably root again, but this is for comparison.

However, it does feel a little - dare i say - oddly laggy? Upon clicking the power button to turn the screen on from lock I've got about a second where the unlock-shape screen won't really respond. And upon unlocking, another second or two for the swiping to different home screens to respond. Even then, it won't be as smooth as it was when i first got the phone. Maybe it's my hands, maybe it's my eczema, maybe it's my apps? Although i have a weather widget and a news widget on home screen. About 10-15 downloaded apps at most. And a power manager app and wifi app on my settings-dedicated screen. lag? optimus v? hmm... Is there some easy way to revert it right back to stock without re-flashing another stock image?

Thanks!

Upvote 0
SO i must flash with a stock rom, even if i recover using nand with a backup i created while i was stock?
When you recover using nand, you ARE doing a flash on specific MTD blocks. If all you did was make a stock backup, root the phone, then recover from the backup, you are back to stock. If your phone is acting strangely, reset the phone settings. I assume you are using a custom recovery. If so, reset the phone settings from there. If you are using a stock recovery, reset the phone from Android's GUI.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones