1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Optimus V Youtube BugSupport

1. 1saint10

1saint10 Well-Known Member

I've been having issues with the youtube app (updated jul 25 , 2012) . The High Quality/Low Quality Toggle when u play a video has disappeared for some reason. I was wondering if someone could reccommend a youtube apk ?

Advertisement
    :
  2. AndyOpie150

AndyOpie150 <strong> <a href="http://androidforums.com/optimus Contributor

I can't recommend one, but I can recommend AppTyrant.
    AppTyrant saves every downloaded and installed app in it's .apk form to the sd card. When you get an update it adds the new .apk to the saved ones. It doesn't replace the old one. If the new one doesn't meet your expectations just install the old one.
    I have a Version that was made last year that is almost identical. I usually try every update out. If their good I delete the old one. If I didn't do this they would accumulate pretty fast (I have 120+ downloaded apps).

The other thing it does is save .apk's that you only use every now and again. That way you can uninstall them and when you need them You don't have to remember how to find them in the PlayStore, or worse, they are no longer in the PlayStore.

If you need to save the app's data use Titanium Backup to backup just those app's you need to save the data. This reason for this is Titanium Backup sometimes freeze's on installing some backup's, and if you backup all app's with AppTyrant and Titanium Backup you will loose a lot of space on the SD card.
    1saint10 likes this.
  3. 1saint10

Thanks but i still need a link to a youtube apk other than the version im having problems with
  4. 350X

350X Well-Known Member

use tubemate instead, its core is youtube but it gives many more options and an ability to download easy in different formats.

can find it on amazon

or their website

tubemate.net
  5. rooter1

rooter1 Well-Known Member

Check the settings of YouTube app. Had the same problem with the update and had to toggle display high quality on mobile device (or something to that effect) from the settings menu.
  6. 1saint10

I tried that but It didn't have any affect on it. I'll just use the old version of youtube until i get the htc evo v on thursday.