• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Option to choose when downloading a movie

Rogueci5

Lurker
Dec 8, 2012
Hi all.
Specs:
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
OS 4.0.3

Question: When going to a flash site (I frequent lots of Martial Arts sites) I had a pop up dialogue box option to view the movie on the video player or the browser etc.

Being not too bright and wanting it to play on the browser I installed flash, then found out that it may be a security issue in the future, so yes you guessed it I uninstalled it lol

Of course now the movies do not appear and no prompt to use the browser :'(

I have an answer about the Flash from the other forum :) but would still like the option of choice if possible? How would i re enable th epop up dialogue box?

Any help would be appericated Cheers

It's interesting that your video player would even TRY to open one of these movies, then fail after you uninstall Flash.

In any event, you're not going to get a pop-up window asking to choose which app to load one of these movies in unless you have two (or more) apps that are capable of opening it.

If it's an .flv file, there are several apps that claim to be .flv viewers in Google Play. Search for FLV.

Reactions: Rogueci5
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones