• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Option to download email pictures or not?

I've searched and cannot find the setting for my Skyrocket to allow the downloading of images contained in an email, automatically. To explain further.....when I open some emails, there might be dozens of pictures or images in it that take several minutes to complete... and it is probably something I don't care to see anyway.

I notice the notification bar on top keeps track of their download progress even if I hit delete and back out of the email app. Just seems to me that is using resources that is not necessary.

Is there a way to control this?

I'm running 2.3.5.

Thanks for the reply but that is not the problem. When I open an email, if there are images in the message, the Skyrocket automatically downloads them, whether I want to see them or not.

If I want to save an attachment, I use the built in option to download and save videos and jpgs to the "Download" file and it works fine. LOL, I'm trying to prevent those like the 44 pics that came in an email I just received. When I see the little paper-clip attachment symbol, it might be something I can choose when to open or the pics might just start downloading on their own.

Not sure if this is the right term or not, but maybe the images are embedded in the email and not sent as an attachment. ?

Upvote 0
Yes the images are embedded in the email, and there's no option to turn off the "displaying of images". Maybe another email client is in order. I spent hours getting this onboard client to work with Charter, and allow my pc client (outlook) to function as normal. It's a real pain with Charter, and I don't know if I want to go thru that again. Does anybody have a suggestion for a more configurable client, and getting it set-up with Charter?

Upvote 0
Does anyone have a solution for this, other than "don't bother with Samsung email"? That's not exactly a solution.

Having had to factory reset this morning, I thought I'd have another go at getting some configurability from the samsung client using my yahoo account:

Automatic set up (imap): images.
Manual imap: images.
Manual POP3: images.

This is ICS, by the way. I shot an email over to Samsung (for all the good it'll do).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones