1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Options for a lost and then found EVO?

1. PhxDroid

PhxDroid Member

My wife lost her EVO, so we filed with insurance and got another Evo (within 3 days actually, pleasant experience, but i digress). A week after the new EVO arrived, she of course FOUND the old EVO.

What are my best 3 options with the found evo? It was reported to Sprint.

We could take it to cricket and get it flashed?
    We could just use it as a wifi device, skype and texting and internet device?

What would you do if you had this happen?

Thanks in advance......

Advertisement
  2. aznmode

aznmode Well-Known Member

You can always sell it on craigslist or ebay but of course just make sure you put a note that it has a bad ESN. What hardware rev is it by the way?
  3. PhxDroid

PhxDroid Member

I could sell it....

hardware version 3, froyo updated
  4. Im not sure you can sell a phone with a bad esn. I mean, you are certainly welcome to sell it, but I dont think the person you sell it to can use it as a phone with a bad esn.
  5. aznmode

aznmode Well-Known Member

Sprint wont let you activate bad esn but someone can use it for spare parts for those who don't have insurance. It can also be flashed to metro pcs as well if someone had an account with them and wants an Evo.
  6. BenChase7

BenChase7 VIP Member VIP Member

You could keep it and use it as WiFi and Music devise. Lots you can do on it without having a data/voice plan! Its now like an iPod touch, only better!

If you sell it, it cannot be activated with since the ESN is "bad." Definately notify the buyer of this if you sell.

But, technically, it should pry be sent back to Sprint (Insurion)!
  7. PhxDroid

PhxDroid Member

Other than Skype and Text Plus....what are the best VOIP (one that actually provides you phone number) and Texting Apps?
  8. CriticalCritic

CriticalCritic Well-Known Member

Can you use it as a house phone? Connect to make calls via wifi and run it that way.
  9. PhxDroid

PhxDroid Member

If I had vonage for home line that would work pretty good. I might have to look into that.
  10. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Well-Known Member

Android phones make for a great wifi "ipod touch" device. It will be very useful even just on wifi.