Options/opinions on where to purchase the EVO 4G LTEGeneral

1. drexappeal

drexappeal Well-Known Member

I just checked it out. After going through to get a quote, it says in small print, "a $99 deductible applies to all claims made." I don't know if they actually charge that, but still might not be worth it for some.
  2. mak916

mak916 Well-Known Member

With a $99 deductible you might as well stay with Sprint Insurance. At least with Sprint you can go to a repair center near you. I am still thinking of checking out Best Buy. The only thing is, I like being able to go to a repair center at Sprint. It seems they all have their pros and cons.
  3. drexappeal

Yeah. That was my thought. At the same time, the breakdown "per month" for those guys would be very close to what Sprint insurance used to be. The only difference is payment for 1 or 2 years up front vs. "per month."

I haven't ever had issues with Sprint's insurance. Then again, I haven't had to go in for a repair/replacement in a long time. And the last time I did have to go, was prior to their making changes with their repair/replacement policy...so I basically got a replacement device every time without deductible or any additional headache to get the replacements.
  4. NeoteriX

NeoteriX Well-Known Member

Thanks for the heads up. It looks like their terms may have changed since I last was familiar with them.
  5. drexappeal

Yeah. It's likely they're trying to mirror as much as possible with comparable insurance offerings (e.g. sprint, best buy, etc.). The advantage they have over Sprint and Best Buy is the cheaper rates (if broken down into monthly payments). The disadvantage they have, compared to Sprint and Best Buy is that consumers can't go to their location to get replacement phones.
  6. wubbie075

wubbie075 Well-Known Member

I have never actually had to pay a deductible with Sprint insurance.

I've also never had them take my phone for anything longer than a couple of hours.

When I've gotten a replacement phone I did not have to turn my current phone in until the replacement was ready for pickup.

Maybe I've just been lucky??
  7. Sauske

Sauske Well-Known Member

No your not lucky, Sprint will fix and replace anything that's not your fault. I.e. the battery being bad, the phone restarts it's self, the screen not responsive...etc! But if you get water damage, crack your screen or lose your phone, you will have to go through Insurion (Insurance company) and a deductible WILL be paid!
  8. drexappeal

Same exact experience I've had. Never been any issues receiving a replacement.
  9. mak916

mak916 Well-Known Member

I have never had to pay a deductible. I keep my phone well protected. I have always had other problems where they had to fix it or replace it. On my 3rd 3VO now.
  10. WifiMaxed

WifiMaxed Well-Known Member

My insurance with Sprint has been $7. Per mo and have nothing but good experiences. EVO got GB update hdmi out went crazy. I got a replacement that day. When EVO got Google voice microphone bug. I got a same day replacement again within a couple of hours. No fees.
  11. Sauske

Sauske Well-Known Member

It's now $8, this change has been an effect for quiet some time now! This is true, if you look at a few post above I was telling wubbie075 that "Sprint will fix and replace anything that's not your fault. I.e. the battery being bad, the phone restarts it's self, the screen not responsive...etc! But if you get water damage, crack your screen or lose your phone, you will have to go through Insurion (Insurance company) and a deductible WILL be paid!"
  12. hsh.shawn

hsh.shawn Well-Known Member

Just to get all the options out there saw this on the Overload this morning.

Zagg is offering full coverage of a device for $99 for 2 years and it covers all software issues, defects, battery button issues and rooted phones with a $59 deductible for water damage or cracked screen not a bad option either.

It sounds like a good deal for those that like the 1 time payment option for piece of mind.

Zagg Safe
    mak916 likes this.
  13. quijibo

quijibo Well-Known Member

I brought my EVO into BB(black tie) about a year and a half ago. They gave me a pink non smart phone and sent my EVO to get fixed. It took over three weeks and they were never able to give me an eta, it just showed up one day. When I picked it up it was filthy and had three really long hairs pinched behind the screen. The worst part was that they only fixed two of the three things that they found wrong with it. I went straight to the Sprint store and it turned out that I had their insurance too. I walked out with a new phone. They did mention that I should at least clean it before I brought it in again, so it looked like I didn't abuse it.
    I have received two replacement phones since then and I have rarely waited more than a day and a half for the replacement.
  14. mak916

mak916 Well-Known Member

So I take it you don't like Best Buy's insurance? I am really thinking this thing through. I travel during the summer and Sprint stores are everywhere. It would be easy for me to go into a Sprint store when I am away from home. I know Best Buy is everywhere also. But not having a repair center when I'm traveling is not very good.
  15. mak916

mak916 Well-Known Member

I'm going to contact them and find out more about this.
  16. quijibo

quijibo Well-Known Member

It's not that I hate their insurance, it just seemed like a third world knockoff of a real insurance program.
    Sprint's insurance plan is actually much better than I was expecting. The closest I can come to a complaint is that they can't cover my Wife's Iphone 4s. Sprint has never done anything to make using the insurance difficult either.
  17. crow11ad

crow11ad Well-Known Member

It was awesome when they did bill your account. And when you saw that bill you were like :(:mad::hmmmm2::eek:
  18. tp2386

tp2386 Well-Known Member

Stupid Question. Do I have to get the phone from Bestbuy to get their insurance?
  19. Sauske

Sauske Well-Known Member

There no stupid question! And yes, in order to get BestBuy's insurance!:thumbup:
  20. Orion

Orion Well-Known Member

I plan on going to Sprint,Bestbuy, or Radioshack. One of the 3 that would have the best deal.
  21. Tommydaniel

Tommydaniel Well-Known Member

I usually go to Bestbuy, no MIR is great. I ended up getting their insurance and buyback last time too so will be going back for whichever phone I purchase. As long as the worker knows how to ring up the device, that's all I need.
  22. Sauske

Sauske Well-Known Member

I will go to BestBuy and RadioShack, because dealing with Sprint for so long, they never have deals!
  23. Orion

Orion Well-Known Member

Yeah you're right. I should never included Sprint. Lol
  24. mms1946

mms1946 Well-Known Member

25. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

Wirefly terms and conditions including our equipment discount policy

Covert_Death, mms1946 and EarlyMon like this.