1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Options/opinions on where to purchase the EVO 4G LTEGeneral

1. MandM

MandM Active Member

Questions

I know Sprint has a $35 restocking fee if you are returning the device within the 14 days for a different one or returning it but from what I read on other forums Sprint also has a $35 restocking fee even if the phone is defective and you want to get the same phone. Is this correct? Anyone with any experiences?

Does Best Buy charge a restocking fee to return the phone or to exchange it if it is defective within the 30 days?

Also Sprint's return policy is 14 days but Best Buy's return policy is 30 days? What about from days 15-30, will your contract be able to returned to upgrade status with Sprint if you return the phone at Best Buy?
  2. mms1946

mms1946 Well-Known Member

marctronixx likes this.
  3. MandM

MandM Active Member

I called Sprint and they said the $35 restocking fee is only if you do not like the phone or want to switch to a different phone. If it is defective or having issues you do not have to pay the restocking fee and will be given a new phone.

I also called Best Buy and they said that you only have 14 days to return the phone if you want to go back to your upgrade status on your Sprint account but you get the full 30 days if you are having an issue with the phone.

DISCLAIMER: Don't take my word for it but this is just what I was told over the phone.
    marctronixx likes this.
  4. mms1946

mms1946 Well-Known Member

Update: I cancelled my order and used bankofamerica.com/additup to buy the phone from wirefly. I'm getting it for $158 after tax + I'm getting $50 back from BOA. The phone will end up costing me about $109.
    marctronixx likes this.
  5. Covert_Death

Covert_Death Well-Known Member

wanted to add my WONDERFUL experience here... pre-ordered at my BestBuy just now, #1 on the list...

$200 starting price
    -$50 phone freedom (had to sign up earlier this year)
    -$50 for UPGRADING on SPRINT at BestBuy (best buy / sprint combo exclusive)

$0 down-payment (chatted up the manager and he bypassed the requirement for money down)

= $100 day of pick up + potentially $50 for giving them my EVO if i feel like it (will probably go across the street and give it to sprint for $70)

= total cost $30-$50 out of pocket!!!!

feels good haha
    3volut1on, Orion, marctronixx and 2 others like this.
  6. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

There is no need to put money down when doing a best buy preorder for this device.
  7. Covert_Death

agreed, although the system usually requires it but the manager i was speaking with was able to get around it using a simple code and manually entering the order number... very nice
    marctronixx likes this.
  8. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

Yes, I should clarify that bby is waiving a down payment for this device. Anyone who wants to pre order this particular handset through them will have the down payment waived.

Just want to clarify so it's clear to others who may be thinking about it but may not have the bread, etc..
    excav8ter and Covert_Death like this.
  9. Orion

Orion Well-Known Member

Hold up! So you automatically get -$50 for upgrading at BB?
  10. Sauske

Sauske Well-Known Member

No, they just don't charge a down payment for pre-ordered phone. When it releases you pay the full price of the phone!
    marctronixx likes this.
  11. Rose4uKy

Rose4uKy Well-Known Member

What is this $50 for upgrading on Sprint at Best Buy deal? I am getting the 50 dollar phone freedom and I was told I didn't have to put $50 down today but I did. So I will end up owing another $100 on May 18th. But I see your getting phone freedom and another 50?

12. Covert_Death

marctronixx, Rose4uKy and Orion like this.
  13. UNSCleric

UNSCleric Active Member

No, Best Buy is only charging $150 for the phone, no matter what.

$50 Best Buy gift card offer

Pre-order the HTC EVO 4G LTE and get a $50 Best Buy gift card when you activate the phone.*
    The HTC EVO 4G LTE boasts an amazing 8.0MP camera and authentic Beats Audio sound.
    *Requires a 2-year agreement
    with Sprint and activation through Best Buy. Gift card code will be e-mailed within 1-2 business days of phone ship date.
  14. Covert_Death

they are charging $200 though, just to clarify your statement, your INITIAL charge is still $200 (if no other offers applied) and then AFTER you pay 200, a day or two later you will receive a $50 BB card
    marctronixx likes this.
  15. Rose4uKy

Well I joined the phone Freedom and the phone is 200 but phone freedom people get a 50 dollar gift card right then when they pick up there phone to use towards the price of the phone making it 150. I was also told there's another deal where you get a 50 dollar card to use later for accessories. But the other person getting another 50 off for upgrading from Sprint using best buy I think is for trading in an old Evo 4G you get 50 bucks maybe that's it.

marctronixx likes this.
  16. Orion

Orion Well-Known Member

17. UNSCleric

UNSCleric Active Member

Yeah, that's true, the initial charge is $200. In my head it makes it $150 to me, but I realize now that it might be important for some people to realize they're being charged and getting $50 back in the form of a gift card a couple days later.

The gift card for trading in your Evo 4G, if you choose to go that route, would be instant though, so then it would be just $150.
  18. Rose4uKy

Ok I gotcha an extra 50 for your EVO plus a 50 dollar best buy card. Well I'm happy with the phone freedom and getting the phone for 149. I'm selling my 3D plus accessories for 250 I hope on Friday. But then it's use an old non smart phone for a week. :-( The other 50 dollar gift card you get a couple days later doesn't come off the price of the phone but the phone freedom 50 dollar one does.

19. simcha

simcha Well-Known Member

I really liked my experience with Best Buy when I purchased my Photon 4G last September. I did get all the bells and whistles but I got the Photon when it was at special price of $99. By "all the bells and whistles" I mean that I got the "Buyback plan" and the "insurance." I seem to remember all of it being a good deal. I paid for 24 months of insurance up front and I received a discount on the insurance for that. They told me that if I upgraded before 24 months, that I'd get the unused portion of my insurance money back, or I could just apply it to the next phone. I thought the Buyback plan was a good idea. It should make getting my next phone a cheaper proposition, I hope.

Anyway, looking back at it, I'm not sure I should have gotten the insurance. I'm not sure if it's worth it and I've read many articles stating that you could just use your homeowners insurace to cover your mobile phone and if you purchased your mobile phone with a credit card, some cards will insure the phone automatically. These articles state that any insurance on a mobile phone is a waste of money. I'm still not sure.

I'll be interested to see what happens when I use the buyback plan to upgrade to my next phone. Maybe I should have just gotten the buyback program and not the insurance?

If anyone has any thoughts on this conundrum, let me know.
  20. Sauske

Sauske Well-Known Member

If $150 is the full price that's what you will have to pay! But there's no down payment.:D
  21. 2strokenut

2strokenut Well-Known Member

Is sprint offering any deals? I was talking with customer service today and they were saying something about a 50 dollar rebate or something. I wasn't really listening I just wanted to preorder my Evo lol
  22. Sauske

Sauske Well-Known Member

Nope, just $199.99 as usual!
    marctronixx likes this.
  23. kanyewest

kanyewest Member

u guys know u can sell ur OG EVO on craigslist for about $150... posted mine today and i was able to sell it with no problem. so i guess i pay $50 plus tax... and if i go the best buy route (getting the $50 gc in mail) I only pay tax.
    EarlyMon likes this.
  24. jadamuah1573

jadamuah1573 New Member

getting mine from wirelessmarketplus.com. 149.99 + 9.99 shipping for upgrade. free shipping for new contract
    marctronixx likes this.
  25. LatinP

LatinP Well-Known Member

The Sprint store, my bother gave me his old non-working iPhone 4 walked into a Sprint store they gave me a 160 dollar trade in recycle value for a phone I got for free. Getting my LTE Evo for 40 bucks = ) (plus tax).
    Rose4uKy, EarlyMon and marctronixx like this.