Options/opinions on where to purchase the EVO 4G LTEGeneral

Last Updated: 2012-12-19 18:05:16
  1. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

36 dollar fee is required unless you and dan hesse are drinking buddies... (i heart that guy though).

the gift card code thingy is tricky. i was told at BBY that its going to be a code SENT to your e-dress after the transaction is completed.

Advertisement
    Orion and EarlyMon like this.
  2. EasyEEE

EasyEEE Well-Known Member

Sorry, I think that's incorrect.

If you read the above attached email. For the pre-order:

"they will GET a $50 gift card to use towards the purchase!"

The launch guide was extremely lengthy, and I read through it for awhile. I wish someone that works at BB could post the thing in it's entirety.

It is possible the $50 trade-in and $50 Freedom gift cards won't be redeemable towards the phone. I will definitely be pushing the issue when I go in on May 18.
  3. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

Ok, I had Sprint promise to up my upgrade to May 18, I'll have to call them then.

I've also been perfectly satisfied to wait, I'm uber-happy with my 3vo, and want to get two of these, one for me, one for WifelyMon.

But - $50?!?! (because I can always use the other $50 gift card for printer stuff)

Ok, I hate being prodded, but that's pretty attractive, right there.
    drexappeal likes this.
  4. EasyEEE

Yeah, I am very excited about this... so, I apologize for the spam.

I wish everyone who wanted this phone had signed up for the Best Buy Freedom Phone program.

But, $50 gift card to pre-order, which, according to email can be used towards the purchase of the phone.

If you trade in OG EVO 4G, $50 discount, and another $50 gift card.

And if you did the Freedom thing, ANOTHER $50 gift card that according to the FAQ, you get following activation.

With the 3 EVO's I will be upgrading from (2 upgradeable, 1 not), I will activate and pay for each one at a time. Then, if I can't use the gift cards towards them directly, I will use them all towards the 3rd non-upgradeable phone.

REALLY REALLY need/want to read the full expanded version of the launch guide. It was very detailed and nothing I read said can't combine THESE offers - in fact - SCREAMED you could.

I was too giddy as a school girl to remember concrete facts about using the gift cards towards the purchase - but like I said, I want to say I saw nothing saying you couldn't.

EDIT: Also, the rep said if anyone pre-ordered BEFORE today - no worries. All the offers will appear in their system when they go to activate if you qualify.

And really, if it worked right, someone MIGHT be able to use this deal to get phone for $350 off contract. Again, if price is $550, and if you can apply all gift cards towards purchase price. The trick would be to be able to pre order if not ready for upgrade.

Good question.. Lol if I am still under contract, and get a new phone and renew 2 year contract, I don't get charged a eft do I?

Woot! Hurry May 18!
    drexappeal and EarlyMon like this.
  5. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

no need to be sorry, im not the Last Word here. I am repeating what BBY stated to me about this.

i read the same e-mail you read and i also see where its worded that one is slated to get the $50 code applied at checkout. I am only repeating what was told to me.. :)

EasyEEE likes this.
  6. EasyEEE

:)

You read that in the exact same email or where it linked off into that blue background page?

I think the only one that would send the code could be the trade in gift card. And certainly I could be wrong as this does all sound too good to be true... As I was prepared to shell out $200 each.

If anyone goes down tonight, have them print out the launch guide please. Lol I may swing back in there tonight.
    EarlyMon and marctronixx like this.
  7. EarlyMon

Honestly, I don't care. It's all found money to me, if you know what I mean.

If I can use at time of purchase, great. If not, I'll take the gift card and wander the store.

I'd be lying to say that there isn't $50 worth of something of mine that they have and I just haven't thought to get it yet. :D

$50 off HTC Media Link HD for wireless HDMI? Printer stuff? New cables? New headphones?

Like I said - it's just found money, is what it is right there. :) :)
    EasyEEE and marctronixx like this.
  8. drexappeal

drexappeal Well-Known Member

I was all set on not upgrading early. I hope the discounts last long enough for the other superphones that are being released.

Worse case scenario, I'm still getting my $50 Phone freedom discount, but I'd love to be able to get the additional discounts when I finally do take my last 1 year upgrade.
  9. Orion

Orion Well-Known Member

What's the price on that HTC Media Link?
  10. EarlyMon

Retail is 90 smackers but who does retail? I'm going to wait for deals on that one.

I often enjoy media on my phone. If I can just push buttons from the couch, instead of schlepping cables around, sounds bonus to me! :)
    marctronixx and Orion like this.
  11. ws6dom

ws6dom Well-Known Member

Hey guys been reading the thread seems like you can get a great deal on this phone with all the gift cards.. Anyone know if best buy will price match on top of all these deals. My best buy usually price matches my local sams club which has the evo lte on pre order for 149.99... This would be crazy if they would do that also.. Let me know if anyone has new info thanks.
    EasyEEE likes this.
  12. drexappeal

That's likely what that initial $50 card is, rather than having to put a $50 down payment. Although, I'd say it couldn't hurt to ask if they'd price match.

With my Photon, I got a price match with Radio Shack on the day of launch...and then later a price adjustment (3 weeks later) when they dropped the price to $99.
  13. EasyEEE

When I got the EVO, Best Buy matched the credit towards accessories Radio Shack had, on top off their own credit towards accessories.

I walked out with a blue tooth headset, protective screen, and a case for free.

I will have to check with Sans. They are right next door to Best Buy here.
    EarlyMon likes this.
  14. ws6dom

ws6dom Well-Known Member

Yeah i wonder if that's what they will say, with the 50$ gift card the price will be the 149.99 ( essentially the same as sams club). I know one of the managers at my best buy and will have to go down there to chat with him about it. Will report back with any news.
    drexappeal likes this.
  15. ws6dom

ws6dom Well-Known Member

Yeah i am thinking they might price match on top of all there offers. Sams club has the price online now 149.88 i think for upgrade and new lines.
  16. PuRock

PuRock Well-Known Member

So if I pre-ordered through Sprint, is there a chance to cancel it and hop onto one of these sweet deals. Or am I SOL?

It's not the end of the world either way.
    quijibo likes this.
  17. suprmallet

suprmallet Well-Known Member

FWIW, my Best Buy had signage up that said pre-order the LTEvo, get a $50 gift card by email a few days after purchase (i.e. pickup and activation).

That being said, it's worth it to me because I plan on signing up for the insurance and buyback program, plus I'll be trading in my Nexus S 4G.
    marctronixx likes this.
  18. drexappeal

Worth it to me also. I can use that for my other upgrade.
    marctronixx likes this.
  19. BenChase7

BenChase7 VIP Member VIP Member

I assume BB does not throw in these deals if you are purchasing off contract?
  20. drexappeal

Doubt it, but that's actually a really good question.
    marctronixx and BenChase7 like this.
  21. BenChase7

I Really want this phone, I'm just sitting on the fence about the 550 price point, off contract. Would just make for one tough month budgeting the rest of my life for about 30 days. (although probably worth 30 days of tight budget.) Since I'm right on the fence, if these deals applied to off contract, too, It would make a "GO" for me for sure.
  22. Covert_Death

Covert_Death Well-Known Member

if they did it wouldn't be worth it... the BB price for this phone off contract is $699... BB is notorious for higher off-contract prices. i would always recommend BB to buy your phone if its an upgrade or new contract but i would NEVER recommend them for off contract purchase. they are always higher than sprint by a large margin
    marctronixx likes this.
  23. suprmallet

suprmallet Well-Known Member

IIRC, the promos require a 2-year agreement.
    marctronixx likes this.
  24. Rose4uKy

Rose4uKy Well-Known Member

I'm confused now what is this preorder and get a 50 dollar card. I preordered and was told I didn't have to put anything down but I went in the expecting to put a 50 dollar deposit down to hold me the phone so I paid it. I got a 50 dollar BB gift card to use towards my 200 bucks. I also signed up for phone freedom and was told I get an additional 50 dollar card to use when I pick up the phone on the purchase of the phone. I am not trading in my 3D cause I am selling it. But I was also told there was another deal where you get a 50 dollar card after activation and that you can use it towards accessories. I think that is what you get if you preorder online cause it states you get it after acitvation. Either way I am paying 150 already have 50 down and am selling my 3D and accessories for 250 if it works out this Friday and I'll be good. Hope it works out for everyone else.
  25. BenChase7

Best buy doesn't price match?