• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Options/opinions on where to purchase the EVO 4G LTE

Hey guys been reading the thread seems like you can get a great deal on this phone with all the gift cards.. Anyone know if best buy will price match on top of all these deals. My best buy usually price matches my local sams club which has the evo lte on pre order for 149.99... This would be crazy if they would do that also.. Let me know if anyone has new info thanks.

Reactions: Deleted User
Upvote 0
Hey guys been reading the thread seems like you can get a great deal on this phone with all the gift cards.. Anyone know if best buy will price match on top of all these deals. My best buy usually price matches my local sams club which has the evo lte on pre order for 149.99... This would be crazy if they would do that also.. Let me know if anyone has new info thanks.

That's likely what that initial $50 card is, rather than having to put a $50 down payment. Although, I'd say it couldn't hurt to ask if they'd price match.

With my Photon, I got a price match with Radio Shack on the day of launch...and then later a price adjustment (3 weeks later) when they dropped the price to $99.

Upvote 0
When I got the EVO, Best Buy matched the credit towards accessories Radio Shack had, on top off their own credit towards accessories.

I walked out with a blue tooth headset, protective screen, and a case for free.

I will have to check with Sans. They are right next door to Best Buy here.

Yeah i am thinking they might price match on top of all there offers. Sams club has the price online now 149.88 i think for upgrade and new lines.

Upvote 0
FWIW, my Best Buy had signage up that said pre-order the LTEvo, get a $50 gift card by email a few days after purchase (i.e. pickup and activation).

That being said, it's worth it to me because I plan on signing up for the insurance and buyback program, plus I'll be trading in my Nexus S 4G.

Worth it to me also. I can use that for my other upgrade.

Reactions: marctronixx
Upvote 0
Doubt it, but that's actually a really good question.

I Really want this phone, I'm just sitting on the fence about the 550 price point, off contract. Would just make for one tough month budgeting the rest of my life for about 30 days. (although probably worth 30 days of tight budget.) Since I'm right on the fence, if these deals applied to off contract, too, It would make a "GO" for me for sure.

Upvote 0
I'm confused now what is this preorder and get a 50 dollar card. I preordered and was told I didn't have to put anything down but I went in the expecting to put a 50 dollar deposit down to hold me the phone so I paid it. I got a 50 dollar BB gift card to use towards my 200 bucks. I also signed up for phone freedom and was told I get an additional 50 dollar card to use when I pick up the phone on the purchase of the phone. I am not trading in my 3D cause I am selling it. But I was also told there was another deal where you get a 50 dollar card after activation and that you can use it towards accessories. I think that is what you get if you preorder online cause it states you get it after acitvation. Either way I am paying 150 already have 50 down and am selling my 3D and accessories for 250 if it works out this Friday and I'll be good. Hope it works out for everyone else.

Upvote 0
if they did it wouldn't be worth it... the BB price for this phone off contract is $699... BB is notorious for higher off-contract prices. i would always recommend BB to buy your phone if its an upgrade or new contract but i would NEVER recommend them for off contract purchase. they are always higher than sprint by a large margin

Best buy doesn't price match?

Upvote 0
they do but off-contract phones have always been weird. they nearly ALWAYS charge $150 more than the carrier does it doesn't make much sense

I do know Best Buy currently has them in their system for $700. I am hoping that isn't the case on release date and/ or will price match off contract price.

Anyone have any success in this regards?

Edit: according to this, they should...

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-Geek-Squad-Policies/Price-Match-Guarantee/td-p/416973

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-B...st-Buy-Mobile-doesn-t-price-match/td-p/498277

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Help-To...ee/pcmcat204400050011.c?id=pcmcat204400050011

Reactions: Covert_Death
Upvote 0
they had the 3D and the original evo on sale for a hundred bones or more than sprint and people posted they were able to price match. times change so this may not be the case now for this device, but past history shows they will. they have price matched for other items not phone related also.

each BBY store will be different so its worth a note to call your local BBY to confirm. all we can do is speculate here which i would not take as gospel...

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0
I'm going to my local BBY probably saturday or Sunday with cold hard cash and placing an order. I'll also bring along the oooold Hero that works when it wants to and see if I can get $50 for it. ;)

If I can get a hard copy of the Sams Club$150 offer I'll probably be able to fenangle the Price Match also. I've pulled some price match magic with my local BBY. That would be effin sweet!!! :D

No matter how you slice it, I'll be havin me some El Tevo next week!!!

I'm so ecxcited I'm about to throw up. :puke:

Upvote 0
I assume BB does not throw in these deals if you are purchasing off contract?

The rep I dealt with saw no reason not to. And what we read, didn't say they couldn't.

And really, you will be paying MORE for the phone, so why not?

Now, the deals, at least the pre order one, states that you have to sign up for 2 year agreement to get the gift card.

The trick would be to pre order if your not up for an upgrade. One of my lines isn't, and was greyed out and they couldn't check it to pre order for that line.

Reactions: BenChase7
Upvote 0
And really, you will be paying MORE for the phone, so why not?

Haha well technically, it's all the same to BestBuy's bottom line -- it's not that they are selling it to you for a lower price; they are just getting rebates or kickbacks from Sprint to make up for the difference. In fact, they probably receive less kickbacks or commission from Sprint when they sell at full price.

In other words, selling full price is probably worse for them in terms of $$$ :)

Upvote 0
Haha well technically, it's all the same to BestBuy's bottom line -- it's not that they are selling it to you for a lower price; they are just getting rebates or kickbacks from Sprint to make up for the difference. In fact, they probably receive less kickbacks or commission from Sprint when they sell at full price.

In other words, selling full price is probably worse for them in terms of $$$ :)

True. Either way, to get the gift cards, I will need to resign for another 2 years. So, if they get a kick back based on the contract, they score. Can't imagine they would lose money that way.. the bigger question will be, can I get those chuckleheads to do what I want. Lol

Waiting to hear back from Sprint in regards to me asking them to waive activation fees, and/or hit me up with a loyalty credit of some sort. May have to call if "Clarissa" tells me no.

Upvote 0
I will go to BestBuy and RadioShack, because dealing with Sprint for so long, they never have deals!

that's not accurate. Maybe they don't have the specific kinds of deals some people want but they do have deals. 20% off when purchasing at least 2 accessories is a deal. That means I can buy a Jawbone Era and an HTC Media Link for $167.19 instead of $208.99 saving me $41.80.

Reactions: BenChase7
Upvote 0
that's not accurate. Maybe they don't have the specific kinds of deals some people want but they do have deals. 20% off when purchasing at least 2 accessories is a deal. That means I can buy a Jawbone Era and an HTC Media Link for $167.19 instead of $208.99 saving me $41.80.

I'm referring to deals on the phone! I.e. Radioshack sell the device for $100-150 compared to Sprint 199 price point!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones