Options/opinions on where to purchase the EVO 4G LTEGeneral

Last Updated: 2012-12-19 18:05:16
  1. Covert_Death

Covert_Death Well-Known Member

they do but off-contract phones have always been weird. they nearly ALWAYS charge $150 more than the carrier does it doesn't make much sense

Advertisement
  2. EasyEEE

EasyEEE Well-Known Member

I do know Best Buy currently has them in their system for $700. I am hoping that isn't the case on release date and/ or will price match off contract price.

Anyone have any success in this regards?

Edit: according to this, they should...

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-Geek-Squad-Policies/Price-Match-Guarantee/td-p/416973

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-B...st-Buy-Mobile-doesn-t-price-match/td-p/498277

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Help-To...ee/pcmcat204400050011.c?id=pcmcat204400050011
    Covert_Death likes this.
  3. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

they had the 3D and the original evo on sale for a hundred bones or more than sprint and people posted they were able to price match. times change so this may not be the case now for this device, but past history shows they will. they have price matched for other items not phone related also.

each BBY store will be different so its worth a note to call your local BBY to confirm. all we can do is speculate here which i would not take as gospel...
    EarlyMon likes this.
  4. Granite1

Granite1 Zercron Encrusted Tweezer Moderator

I'm going to my local BBY probably saturday or Sunday with cold hard cash and placing an order. I'll also bring along the oooold Hero that works when it wants to and see if I can get $50 for it. ;)

If I can get a hard copy of the Sams Club$150 offer I'll probably be able to fenangle the Price Match also. I've pulled some price match magic with my local BBY. That would be effin sweet!!! :D

No matter how you slice it, I'll be havin me some El Tevo next week!!!

I'm so ecxcited I'm about to throw up. :puke:
    Rose4uKy and marctronixx like this.
  5. EasyEEE

No need to take cash. No down payment required.

Good luck with the Hero. Let us.know how that turns out. But,,the ads I read say can trade in EVO 4G for $50 discount and $50 gift card.
    Granite1 and marctronixx like this.
  6. EasyEEE

The rep I dealt with saw no reason not to. And what we read, didn't say they couldn't.

And really, you will be paying MORE for the phone, so why not?

Now, the deals, at least the pre order one, states that you have to sign up for 2 year agreement to get the gift card.

The trick would be to pre order if your not up for an upgrade. One of my lines isn't, and was greyed out and they couldn't check it to pre order for that line.
    BenChase7 likes this.
  7. ImmaSlave4U

ImmaSlave4U Well-Known Member

I just tried that and it says $139.99. Any idea why it's not showing $119.99?
  8. NeoteriX

NeoteriX Well-Known Member

Haha well technically, it's all the same to BestBuy's bottom line -- it's not that they are selling it to you for a lower price; they are just getting rebates or kickbacks from Sprint to make up for the difference. In fact, they probably receive less kickbacks or commission from Sprint when they sell at full price.

In other words, selling full price is probably worse for them in terms of $$$ :)
  9. EasyEEE

True. Either way, to get the gift cards, I will need to resign for another 2 years. So, if they get a kick back based on the contract, they score. Can't imagine they would lose money that way.. the bigger question will be, can I get those chuckleheads to do what I want. Lol

Waiting to hear back from Sprint in regards to me asking them to waive activation fees, and/or hit me up with a loyalty credit of some sort. May have to call if "Clarissa" tells me no.
  10. Complex757

Complex757 Well-Known Member

11. ZepTepi

ZepTepi Well-Known Member

that's not accurate. Maybe they don't have the specific kinds of deals some people want but they do have deals. 20% off when purchasing at least 2 accessories is a deal. That means I can buy a Jawbone Era and an HTC Media Link for $167.19 instead of $208.99 saving me $41.80.
    BenChase7 likes this.
  12. Sauske

Sauske Well-Known Member

I'm referring to deals on the phone! I.e. Radioshack sell the device for $100-150 compared to Sprint 199 price point!
  13. drexappeal

drexappeal Well-Known Member

I thought the accessory discount went away with the gold and silver premiere?
  14. Sauske

Sauske Well-Known Member

That accessories deal still exist, you buy two or more accessories and get 20% off! Not bad!
    drexappeal and marctronixx like this.
  15. drexappeal

Nice. I thought it ended after the silver and gold premier was stopped, but that makes me happy.
  16. ZepTepi

ZepTepi Well-Known Member

Gotch ya. I misunderstood your comment.
  17. Granite1

Granite1 Zercron Encrusted Tweezer Moderator

Ok, Pre-Ordered at BB today. I went in there with a fist full of dollars and a hard copy of the deal at Sams Club for $149.74. I was wearing full blown swat gear and sparing gloves ready for a fight. :D

I talked with the sales dood I always deal with, and it turns out, they have no idea what kind of shenanigans they'll be able to pull on launch. He was sure he'd be able to price match Sams Club, but I wouldn't get the BB gift card.

Hmmm, no matter 6 in one hand, half a dozen in the other. Now what he couldn't answer was if the gift card could be applied to the transaction to get the phone for $150. Also he wasn't sure if the Hero qualified for a $50 phone trade in. All we can do is try it on Friday and see what I come up with. ;)

Also they wouldn't take the fist full of dollars. Told me to pay when I get the phone, which they guaranteed me I would get one. The sales dood told me his store didn't get as many pre-orders as anticipated, and he's got plenty in stock to cover. :D

:party:
    marctronixx and EasyEEE like this.
  18. EasyEEE

Bummer about not getting the gift card when price matching. I can understand it though... But would still push the issue when you go.. tell them, well I pre ordered it. Heh.. unless he saw something in the launch guide. I still wish I had a print out if it. Very very lengthy and detailed.

As I mentioned earlier, when I got the EVO, Best Buy was giving away a free blue tooth headset.. worth about $25 or so.. Radio Shack was offering something like $20 or $25 (maybe $50) credit towards accessories.. BB matched that. I walked out with 3 EVOS, 3 blue tooth headsets (still haven't opened them lol), 3 cases, and 3 installed InvisiSheilds for just the price of the phones...

So, who knows. I will definitely be posting my results. Good luck to all :)
  19. SuperDave70

SuperDave70 Well-Known Member

Just ordered from amazon. $149.99. No sales tax, no activation fee, free 2 day shipping, (I'm a prime member.) Expected delivery date, May 22nd. I can live with that.

:D
    marctronixx and EarlyMon like this.
  20. SuperDave70

SuperDave70 Well-Known Member

Just noticed this too, they are throwing in a free car charger. Even better!
  21. drexappeal

I'd almost rather get additional $ off the price of the phone. They usually give the rocketfish charger, which I don't need considering I have so many chargers already.
    marctronixx likes this.
  22. ws6dom

ws6dom Well-Known Member

Anyone have any luck with best buy price matching walmart or sams club at 149 and still getting the 50$ pre order gift card. My local bb said no not a manager though just a phone sales rep.
    Stubby1 likes this.
  23. Stubby1

Stubby1 Well-Known Member

24. PaulHBK

PaulHBK Member

Do you have to bring in some proof from Sam's Club to price match or what?
  25. EasyEEE

I plan on showing up fully equipped to put pressure on them for price match and gift cards.. probably won't, but worth the effort and harder to say no in person.