• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Optus 'ZTE V9' Un-Brick Tutorial

BrentisHere

Lurker
Oct 17, 2012
****NOTE****
I did this with CLOCKWORKMOD Recovery installed...
I do not take responsibility for any damage done to your device, this worked for me so I'm just posting this up to help anyone that is having this problem.

My Device Specifications ---AT THAT TIME----
- V9
- Firmware 2.1-update1
- Baseband v9B01
- Kernel 2.6.29
- Build Number V9 Prepaid-T02

IF YOU DON'T HAVE THESE SPECIFICATIONS (I DON'T KNOW IF THEY ARE THE SAME ON ALL DEVICES) THAN DON'T DO THIS I ONLY HAVE IT WOrking with this device...I can't say anything about any other device.

Hey Guys,

I posted yesterday that I was new and when I meant new I MEANT NEW, and, I went ahead and followed some instructions to "root" my Optus ZTE V9 on 2.1.1 and it worked...I installed the ClockworkMod Recovery, as I was about to use a different "ROM" and...B-Bang!! A continuous loop of that Android Startup Image...and I searched for 3 hours to see how I can "un-brick" my phone/tablet, and I couldn't find anything HELPFUL, so I figured, why not just make my own tutorial, because, I did fix the brick and it was fairly simple.

So, if you are having trouble with a "bricked" ZTE V9 2.2.1, than I do so hope that this helps you "un-brick" your phone/tablet....

Let's get started, the first few things you must do...

- Don't Panic...it doesn't help I did and all that happend was wasted time.
- Once you are finished panicking, breathe and read. carefully.

Now, let's get started.

First things first, determine if it's bricked, I determined this with a google search and being told that the looping android is one sign of being bricked, I don't know any other signs but google works.

So, it's bricked, how do I un-brick it?

First you need to download the Official ROM, I used this exact download
http://ftpb.free.fr/roms/zte/v9/OPTUS_V9V1.0.0B10-update_signed.zip

Now,
Take the back cover off of your device and remove the sd card inserted

- Insert the device into a Micro SD Card Reader, if you don't have one you can also try using another device to just transfer a file onto it.
- Alternatively Buy a Micro SD Card they are quite cheap.

With the downloaded file (DO NOT UNZIP) drag and drop it into the SD CARD into the root directory (e.g F:/DROPHERE!!!!!!)

Once you have done that, return the SD Card back into the Android Tablet and enter ClockworkRecovery Mod

To do this
Press the power button, than click and hold both the volume up and volume down button

You should be in clockwork recovery mod

Select the option to install from SD Card
after this select the file you downloaded and placed and click the yes (should be 8th to 9th down the list)
Let it do the install

After it has finished installing vol down to go back in Clockwork Recovery Mod and click Reboot Device

At this point the device will reboot, and it took 10 minutes for mine to boot back up and properly so just leave it and let it start

THAT'S IT!!!!!
All you had to do was re-install the Official 2.1 Rom.

I'll be linking pictures to each instruction when I finish re-bricking my tablet :p it's harder to brick it when trying than I thought :|...

Thanks for reading, I hope this helps.

lol mine was stuck at android pictures, I could find nothing to help me online, too much conflicting info, and way too many downloads that didnt work...my computer wouldnt recognize the tablet. not one file "recovery", ADB fastboot, the list goes on and on AND on, it was an endless and, I thought pointless search!
Here is what I did and it was fixed and up and running in minutes :)
plug in the USB to the computer, don't even worry that it doesn't recognise it...hold the start and volume up & down buttons at the same time, release when you see the green android that has been bugging you all this time...you will not see FTM...go to your 2.2 update/upgrade folder (I still had mine on my pc) and run it! it will ask if you want to install the drivers hit yes...half way through you will see the FTM come up...but still you need do nothing, just let the update take its course and it will come back on with 2.2 installed and be ready to use :) Hope this helps the less technical such as myself...good luck...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones