• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Orange - a waste of time?

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure the network-swapping will only occur when you get no bars of signal on one of the two networks.

Nearly every site I've read says "when signal is lost from one network, you will be able to use the other if it has a stronger signal."

It doesn't say anything about picking up the stronger signal if you have an "ok" signal to the currently network.
That isn't too much of a problem, I totally lose my Orange signal in two specific locations I visit regularly .. but can get a fairly healthy T-Mobile signal in those places, so if it only kicks in when Orange completely goes kaput to latch onto the T-Mobile signal, then that's fine with me :)

Upvote 0
That isn't too much of a problem, I totally lose my Orange signal in two specific locations I visit regularly .. but can get a fairly healthy T-Mobile signal in those places, so if it only kicks in when Orange completely goes kaput to latch onto the T-Mobile signal, then that's fine with me :)

Same here, signal at my house is sporadic :(

I wonder if we can trick the network into giving us the best signal by turning on airplane mode on/off? Hope so, because if memory serves me correctly I used to get a really good t-mobile signal at home :D

Upvote 0
Im still fighting with Orange over a phone that was bought thru Carphone Warehouse and sent back as it was DOA
CPW, acknowledged the return and informed Orange that the contract had been cancelled

Orange decided to ignore them and then continued to bill me and eventually let the collection agency dogs loose for the full contract amount

That was back in July 2008, so far 2 collecton agencies have given up on it as a no win case
Im currently waiting for the 3rd to take it on :rolleyes::rolleyes:

My only concern now is with the T-Mobile/Orange merger, will I get flagged up on the T-Mobile system when I come to upgrade :mad:

Upvote 0
Or

"As soon as customers pay through the nose for this feature."

There is no way this will be free.

Of course it's going to be free. Orange and T-Mobile are merging to be one company called "everything everywhere." This is the first stage of the merger. They're not going to charge you for something that ultimately benefits them -- the fact that their network becomes more accessible to more people.

I don't know for sure but I assume that they will have the best network in the UK after the merger.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones