Orange Android 2.2 Bricked my Desire...Support

Last Updated:

1. silvarbullet1

silvarbullet1 Member This Topic's Starter

So I have a black HTC Desire and on Thursday evening, a dialogue popped up saying a new software update was available. Froyo yay!!

I clicked ok, made sure WiFi was on, popped the Desire into it's charge cradle, and went to bed. That was around 11pm. A few mins later, the Desire restarted itself, then restarted again, and again... I woke up later at 5am, to find that it was still stuck in a continuous loop. HTC logo, Orange logo, "screen locked" message for about 2 seconds, then round again...

So I did a full hard-reset, and still the problem persisted.

One 20-min phone call to Orange later (Friday morning) and the friendly, helpful guy agreed they had indeed destroyed my phone. After making me go through the whole take-out-the-battery, take-out-the-memory-card routine, he said... Well, pick a delivery slot.

I'm quite impressed with the service really, apart from the update destroying my phone, it is now Sunday morning and I have had a freshly delivered HTC land straight in my hands complete with the 2.2 update already on the device. No delivery charge, very little fuss, brand new handset.

Good service Orange, well done.

Now I just wish I had backed everything up properly........
    I take it that I have lost all my SMS messages?? I don't care about scenes, apps, widgets etc. I can re-install and re-setup from memory, I just can't get back text messages... :(

What else do I need to back-up in future?

Advertisement