• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Orange Branding?

Longfellow78

Apr 24, 2010
Hi,
I'm thinking of buying one of these on Orange. Does anyone know how intrusive the branding is? Orange are notorious for ruining handsets with their crap, so I'm wondering if they have done the same with the Galaxy. If so, does anyone know how easy it is to remove?

Thankyou.

I was quite suprised after getting this phone off Orange, the branding is not intrusive at all, unlike other Orange phones I have owned.
There are just three Apps. installed -
Orange Wednesday where you can see details of new film releases and where they are showing etc and get your 2 for 1 tickets, it's actually quite good.
Orange Maps which I haven't tried so can't comment on.
Contacts Backup - which seems useful. It will back up all contacts on the phone memory online at regular intervals.
Also the Homepage in the Web browser is set to Orange World but that is easily changed.
That is all I've noticed after having my phone for 8 days, hope this helps.
One more interesting thing, it doesn't seem to be locked to Orange, just tried an O2 sim in and it worked fine.

Reactions: Longfellow78
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones