1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Orange Care

1. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

Anyone had a call recently to say their Orange Care insurance has expired and it's being replaced by something called Clone Phone?

Advertisement
    :
  2. D-U-R-X

D-U-R-X turbo drinker Moderator

No... not heard that. Could make sense though, as Orange have become EE?
  3. El Presidente

Potentially aye. I wouldn't be fussed, but they told me the new service was going to cost me 75% more and if I made a claim, I'd now have to pay an excess.

I'm going to do a bit of digging and make some calls I think.
  4. D-U-R-X

Oh... yeah... that doesn't sound so good. Might be worth having a chat to your bank... a lot of them offer mobile insurance, as long as you register the phone with them!
  5. Internaut

Internaut Well-Known Member

Nothing as yet but I was only put back onto the
  6. El Presidente

Yeah, they've put it up to a tenner because they add online storage and a phone finding app (neither of which I need).

It's only an extra
    D-U-R-X likes this.
  7. D-U-R-X

I'm with ya there EP!

The extra features that they've said they're offering are already available via other apps, etc. which means that it doesn't justify the extra cost. How do they know that you don't already have them?

Have you checked the cost of any other insurers out?
  8. El Presidente

I'm just going with my bank, the service might not be as good as Orange Care, but it's cheaper and in the 10 or so years I've been with Orange, I've only used it once so I'm not paying for something I'll rarely use.
  9. Tyseyh

Tyseyh Well-Known Member

Clone Phone

Details of clone phone if anyone needs it.

personally, i got my insurance from Phones 4 U. Only about
    D-U-R-X and El Presidente like this.
  10. D-U-R-X

When I checked with my bank, I'm sure it seemed that the deal was pretty much the same... may have taken a little longer to get a replacement (who knows). I moved from Orange Care to my bank and then back again (when I changed bank accounts and didn't have the feature any more).

Not had anything from Clone Phone though... don't think I'd bother... I have Avast for phone location. My contacts and apps are all backed up with Google. I don't care if I loose all my texts/call logs and have loads of storage via dropbox... don't really see as how Clone Phone have added anything!
  11. Galaxynote_guy

Galaxynote_guy Well-Known Member

Great..... yet another rip off :(
  12. El Presidente

I know :(

I decided in the end I wasn't going to take this lying down so I'm in the process of wording a letter of complaint. I'll wait and see if that gets me anywhere.
    D-U-R-X likes this.
  13. D-U-R-X

You'll have to keep us posted! :)
  14. Galaxynote_guy

Galaxynote_guy Well-Known Member

I asked them if they would consider upgrading my phone 6 months earlier by way of apology for the short notice and increased costs that I wasn't expecting to incur. They are looking into it!!
    Won't hold my breath though.
    I figured that the extra
  15. thorahird

thorahird Well-Known Member

I haven't read all this but thought I'd chuck my tuppence in anyway.

I don't know if it's been mentioned, but you can often get your phones insured under your home insurance for a lot cheaper than with the networks. And you can do it with your bank too. Obviously different banks and insurers have different terms, but it might be worth looking at if you're not happy with Orange.