Orange charge light and red light appearingSupport

Last Updated:

1. mama5x

mama5x New Member This Topic's Starter

I accidently sat got my evo into some water on our bathroom the other night and now my phone is acting weird. I disconnected the battery and the phone and allowed them to sit in bags of rice for a few days to draw out the mositure. I turned the phone back on and found the camera is no longer so the water must of wicked in through there, but what is troubling me is the orange charge light comes on as well as a red indicator light on the other side.

Any thoughts?
    Thanks

Advertisement
  2. sitlet

sitlet Banned

Sounds like the phone is just fried. Hope you have insurance...

3. Pbaff

Pbaff Member

Does the phone still power on or do you just get the orange and red lights when you push the power button?

4. pritygirl

pritygirl New Member

Hello,

I'm having the same issue. My phone got some water in it but I was able to dry it out fairly quickly. I put the battery back in and the phone turns on perfectly fine, the apps all work, things we downloading, my camera turned on, etc. So I assumed that the phone was saved. But then when I powered the phone off, it turned off but then an orange indicator light went on. The phone was powered off but the light was still on. What does this mean?

5. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!! Moderator

the orange light is the charging light. it means it is charging even thought the power is off. you might need to get a new battery.

6. Genyc07

Genyc07 Well-Known Member

ive used the 2450mah and 2000mah batteries they are both slim like the origal battttttttttttery so u wont need special parts. hou can get them w external chargers for 5$ or less shipped. search the incredible also it uses the same battery and sometimes sellers will sell one battery cheaper eventho its the same thing. but a new battery will also give u more than 30% more longevity than stock in theroy at least. defin worth a try.

ocnbrze likes this.