Orange Data Usage

Last Updated:

1. xfishwormx

xfishwormx Member This Topic's Starter

I've had a look round other threads and they all come to the conclusion that on the Orange site there is no way to view how much usage you have left.
    I had used around 75% and have about a week to go before it renews. I had changed my phones date in order to prompt part 1 of the 2.1 update and so my 3G Watchdog (which i pretty much depend on) got reset.
    I just want to know if theres any way at all of finding out how much I've used, so I can manually change the total on 3G Watchdog? (yes, I've been stupid, I should have noted it down before changing the date)
    If I call Orange are they likely to be able to tell me?
    (I have the "unlimited" (500mb) usage plan)
    Thanks

Advertisement
  2. Dt7

Dt7 Member

Orange have an application on the market which pulls the data from your 'My Account' page on orange.co.uk- it shows you how much data and how many minutes you have used, along with a couple of other useful things.

3. Mr_Folgers

Mr_Folgers New Member

Beat me to it Dt7!

This is a very handy app to have on your orange phone. There's also an orange wednesdays app available too if you're into that sort of thing

4. ooberandy

ooberandy Well-Known Member

Beat me also :p

I've found that the Orange app seems to register more data than the 3G watchdog. Nothing scientific, just from what i recalled :S

5. xfishwormx

xfishwormx Member This Topic's Starter

thanks for the replies guys - is that app called 'your orange' or something different?
    if it's your orange, then i have that and it only shows me my remaining minutes - i guess because i have "unlimited" texts/minutes?
    and yup i have the orange wednesdays app too :)

6. Dt7

Dt7 Member

Yeah, it's called Your Orange and it should show data too. I'm on the 500mb package too with 100 minutes, and I see both in the application.

7. peterc10

peterc10 Well-Known Member

Same with me. I am on Orange with "unlimited", i.e. 500MB data. I have just downloaded it and it immediately showed texts, minutes and data use in the month

8. vard

vard Active Member

I've been tethering my 3g connection on my computer for a while as I don't currently have internet. I'm fairly sure I have probably gone over the 500 MB mark. What charges can I expect?

9. messyhead

messyhead Well-Known Member

You can log in to your Orange account on the Orange website, and you can view the balance of your bundles. It's shows how much data you have left. Probably no use if you're on an unlimited plan, but I'm on a 500MB plan (more than enough) and it's quite useful.

10. kevsfx

kevsfx New Member

My data and text usage isn't shown in the app or in my acc**** online. Also, when I had paper bills, it wasn't shown on there either.

I guess there might be different types of "unlimited" plans.