• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Orange Email Help

orangeHero

Lurker
May 6, 2010
:( I have trouble setting up my orange email account on my Hero,it comes up as Authentication failed please verify your username/password,this happens all the time even though the information is correct. I didnt have a problem setting up gmail or hotmail,can anyone help:rolleyes:

Ok here are my settings for orange mail

protocol POP

email address. ****@****.fsworld.co.uk (yours will be different)

username. mysurname.fsworld.co.uk

password. *******

POP server. pop.orangehome.co.uk

security type. none

server port. 110

login required. unticked

SMTP server. smtp.orangehome.co.uk

security type. None

Server port. 25

Account name. your email address

your name. *****

Try this works perfect for me

Upvote 0
I was getting the same "Authentication failed" problem after I upgraded the ROM, wiping all the email settings I've had for months.

What I'd forgotten (if I ever knew) was that the PASSWORD you use when setting up the account on your phone is a different one from the familiar (memorable) one which you use to log in on the orange website.

To find out what your "other" password is:

1. log in to your orange email on a computer
  2. Go to "my settings"
  3. Click "Receive my POP password by SMS"
  4. Send
You'll get an obscure password that you don't recognise. THAT'S the one to use when setting up orange email on your phone!

Also, remember to un-tick "Login required" in your Outgoing Server Settings.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones