Orange Hero Warranty

Last Updated:

1. JJHamster

JJHamster Member This Topic's Starter

I have a Hero on Orange Contract. Recently a problem developed I could hear callers but they were having trouble hearing me - classic digital sound breakup (same on bluetooth headset). Phoned Orange to ask how to get problem sorted under warranty. They went through check list and decided phone was faulty - all very helpful - sent me a new/recon(?) handset.
    Today I get a letter saying I had signed up to Orange care @

Advertisement
  2. mez

mez Well-Known Member

Is it possible they just set you up on the Orange care as pwrt of tue new phone. if you didn't have it before and have it now i'd ring then and ask when and why it wws set up. They replaced the faulty phone without it so its possible when you were talking to them this time they/you agreed to it.

Or they could of just signed you up to it and thought you wouldnt notice.

3. Griever

Griever Well-Known Member

Of course your are protected under your statutory rights, the initial electric goods warranty (covers the first year and pretty much upto to following 3/4 years after if you implement the sale of services/goods act).however, if you are 100% sure you didn't sign up to it, throw the consumer rights book at them. How is this

4. JJHamster

JJHamster Member This Topic's Starter

Just spoken to orange - fair play, the rep was very helpful - she said I should have been taken through a long 'script' before being signed up for orange care - pointing out charges etc. She said she will look into what happened (surely they can just play back the

5. mez

mez Well-Known Member

6. ronin

ronin Active Member

When I was upgraded to my Hero, I was told Orange Care was being stopped for domestic users. I'm on a business account, and the rep told me that it was still being offered for business users - and I get Orange Care free of charge.

The