• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Orange Mobile Internet

benjiharris

Jan 14, 2010
Hi people

Can anybody confirm whether they are having problems with data connection this evening on orange?
I have been fiddling with my phone a bit this afternoon and this evening, restoring nandroids, flashing radios etc but since my after I finished my last tinker the data connection was still working, so I dont think it could be anything I have done!
However, about 6-7pm I could not get a data connection.

In the past, I have known orange data to be a bit dodgy and go down for a bit (as friends on Orange have also had problems.

Thanks.

Hi people

Can anybody confirm whether they are having problems with data connection this evening on orange?
I have been fiddling with my phone a bit this afternoon and this evening, restoring nandroids, flashing radios etc but since my after I finished my last tinker the data connection was still working, so I dont think it could be anything I have done!
However, about 6-7pm I could not get a data connection.

In the past, I have known orange data to be a bit dodgy and go down for a bit (as friends on Orange have also had problems.

Thanks.

Yes. I had the same issue and thought it was me messing as well. Seems ok now.

Upvote 0
Hi guys, thought it was me too, but is a general Orange fault - just spoke to their helpline and all mobile data is down due to a server fault (I assume APN authorisation?). expected resolution is by 7am tomorrow. this has not been posted on their service status page due to so many staff away over bank holiday weekend.

This is apparently primarily a London/South East issue, although all of UK apparently affected. My BlackBerry still works though, as BIS/BES are on separate servers. Android and iPhones are down.

Upvote 0
I lost connection this afternoon. A real bugger as I was trying to use the satnav to get around the forest fire in Swinley forest at the time. Police shut loads of the roads arounf Bracknell. total nightmare. Still out for me at the moment. I've changed ROMs and everything wondering if it was something I had done. I'm actually glad it's not just me that's having problems..

Upvote 0
Been having huge problems with Orange in the Exeter area, for the past few days i haven't been able to get an internet connection at all, delayed texts, calls going straight to voicemail when people try and call me. I thought that my phone (HTC Wildfire) was playing up, but when i rang Orange Customer Services they said that there were loads of masts down in the area, and that there was no fix date.....helpful. Cannot get a mobile internet connection at home at all, even when i connect my phone to the Orange T Mobile Network but at work (3 miles from home) the phone works fine. Anyone else having issues?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones