Orange ROM 2.73.61.66 Update Issues

Last Updated:

1. 1awman

1awman New Member This Topic's Starter

So I installed the new ROM update to 2.73.61.66 successfully and then noticed a few issues.

1. When I use the browser it goes to the last web page I viewed and does open using the home page.

2. When I use the HTC Search widget it goes to www.orange.fr which looks like a sign in page for the French version of Orange World. Just to confuse things further, if I use the generic Android Search widget, it uses Google and works fine.

3. When I go the the Market it seems not to be showing all the apps. The only app I've bought so far is Newsroom, and neither the trial or full version show up for download.

Is anyone else experiencing these problems, and if so managed to fix them?

Thanks in advance for any help.

PS - I tried doing the update again but it didn't make any difference.

Advertisement
  2. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

I can only advise on 3. It seems that the update has blocked access to copy protected apps, of which newsroom is one. Contact htc and tell them

3. lockitt

lockitt New Member

you do know there as been another update last week 2.73.61.66 this may resolve the problems...

4. harlequin1963

harlequin1963 Member

That is the version on my phone.
    Market is not showing any of my ''bought'' widgets.

5. vard

vard Active Member

Is this android 2.0 now or 2.1 or what? cheers

6. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

Still 1.5

7. Geoponic

Geoponic Well-Known Member

It's neither 2.x

A lot of people have been having this problem.

I'm not sure about the solution

8. Beauborg

Beauborg Active Member

I updated to the new ROM and am having a number of issues with apps that I had previously bought.

I bought Documents to go but now it doesn't recognise me and has locked the full version features.

I had bought Pure Calendar but now I can't even find it on the market so I've lost that too.

Any help please?

9. andy d

andy d Well-Known Member

Sorry cannot help but i would advise that you complain to HTC and Orange.

10. 1awman

1awman New Member This Topic's Starter

Really sorry folks but I realised that I put the wrong ROM version in for the thread. The update was for 2.73.61.66 (the new ROM that was released at the start of Feb 2010). I've changed this in the original post but don't seem to be able to change the title of the thread. So thanks for the replies and sorry to waste you time.

As update anyway, I spoke HTC customer suport today and it seems that the browser / search issues are down to Orange not tweaking the ROM correctly and the app not being found again is Google's or the developers. Now it does sound like buck passing but to be honest the guy I spoke to couldn't have been more helpful and was going to escalate the issues. I also asked if they had others reporting the issues but he said that 9 times out of 10 people don't report them and that they way they find out is through a build up of complaints through forums like this! I'll let you know if I hear back from them...

Obviously I asked about the next Android version upgrade and he'd only guarantee that it 'wouldn't be before tomorrow' :p

11. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

The market problems are both Oranges and Googles. Googles need to add the new rom signature to their special list to allow the new rom access to copy protected apps. Already explained -_-

12. Griever

Griever Well-Known Member

Yeah, developer person I spoke to said the same, Google need to confirm the ROM before it can access encrypted/copy written apps - the ones your missing - they said the same thing has happened with previous ROM releases and should sort itself in a week or two.