• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Orange ROM 2.73.61.66 Update Issues

1awman

Lurker
Feb 7, 2010
So I installed the new ROM update to 2.73.61.66 successfully and then noticed a few issues.

1. When I use the browser it goes to the last web page I viewed and does open using the home page.

2. When I use the HTC Search widget it goes to www.orange.fr which looks like a sign in page for the French version of Orange World. Just to confuse things further, if I use the generic Android Search widget, it uses Google and works fine.

3. When I go the the Market it seems not to be showing all the apps. The only app I've bought so far is Newsroom, and neither the trial or full version show up for download.

Is anyone else experiencing these problems, and if so managed to fix them?

Thanks in advance for any help.

PS - I tried doing the update again but it didn't make any difference.

I updated to the new ROM and am having a number of issues with apps that I had previously bought.

I bought Documents to go but now it doesn't recognise me and has locked the full version features.

I had bought Pure Calendar but now I can't even find it on the market so I've lost that too.

Any help please?

Upvote 0
Really sorry folks but I realised that I put the wrong ROM version in for the thread. The update was for 2.73.61.66 (the new ROM that was released at the start of Feb 2010). I've changed this in the original post but don't seem to be able to change the title of the thread. So thanks for the replies and sorry to waste you time.

As update anyway, I spoke HTC customer suport today and it seems that the browser / search issues are down to Orange not tweaking the ROM correctly and the app not being found again is Google's or the developers. Now it does sound like buck passing but to be honest the guy I spoke to couldn't have been more helpful and was going to escalate the issues. I also asked if they had others reporting the issues but he said that 9 times out of 10 people don't report them and that they way they find out is through a build up of complaints through forums like this! I'll let you know if I hear back from them...

Obviously I asked about the next Android version upgrade and he'd only guarantee that it 'wouldn't be before tomorrow' :p

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones