ORANGE - sim card activation

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by I-desire, Aug 26, 2010.

1. I-desire

I-desire Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2010
    Hi. I've received a replacement htc desire handset today (with the 28 day replacement policy) and my details were moved from one sim to the other. Asof yet i have not received messages off orange to activate the phone/sim. Any idea how long this should take as it's been 3 hours now! :thinking:
    I really can't cope with more problems as this is my third handset in a week

Advertisement
  2. Eris Ed

Eris Ed Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2010
    Manchester, UK
    Upto 24 hours is the official time, but usually you get the network messages within the first few hours. It's worth a call to Orange on 150, pretend to be a numpty, and ask if they can push things a bit quicker.

3. I-desire

I-desire Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2010
    There's no need to pretend after all the dilemma, all of it has sent me down the numpty path!

p.s ATM i cant do anything including call 150. It comes up on the screen as limited service (therefore no ability to call, text use internet, only wi-fi)
    Is this normal without receiving the texts and having the sim details fully transferred from the one (that was working fine at 2p.m) to this one i put in a couple of hours later

4. DjLukeW

DjLukeW Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2010
    Mobile Retail
    Chester
    call 07973 100 150 off a landline or other phone

5. anoniemouse

anoniemouse Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2010
    Button Moon
    Is your old sim still active, i have always used the original one till it turns off & then i switch to the new one.
    Only thing i do right away is copy all the sim phone numbers to the phone ready to switch.

6. djbandit

djbandit Member

Jul 17, 2010
    try switching the phone on to gsm only the network is still down as far as i know and cannot make calls while on 3g

7. anoniemouse

anoniemouse Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2010
    Button Moon
    The phone will automatically use gsm if there is no 3g signal, besides i have full 3g & hsdpa connectivity where i am.
    Orange was supposed to have fixed the problem over last weekend too.

Tags: