• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Orange UK default firmware

Hello,

Originally, my S3 didn't have the software update function when first used. This was when Jelly Bean was first being rolled out. I managed to put an unbranded version on my phone but it didn't seemed to like it. I couldn't remember the exact version I originally had but I found one online that seemed to be the same as my original, except it occasionally said T-Mobile UK as network.

I had tried to unlock the network of my phone using the service menu, but my service menu was different from all the others I seen online. I didn't have the UTMS option and can't seem to find why.

I am currently looking for the original firmware, if I can even find it if possible. I can't check the service menu anymore since I've updated to 4.3 so cannot see if it has changed

Thanks

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones