Orange (UK) PAYG APN settingsSupport

Last Updated:

1. greylin

greylin Member

Hello there,

I'm trying to set up my hubby's new HTC Desire with Orange PAYG. We got the phone from Amazon so it's not locked.

I switched his existing Orange SIM to Dolphin package and then transferred it from his old Orange Nokia phone. As half expected, there was no data connectivity, so I phoned Orange customer service. They took the SIM card number and the IMEI of the phone, and then gave me the following APN settings - which don't work. Does anyone here have different Orange PAYG settings that do work?

Name: orangewap Payg

APN: paygwap

Port: 8080

Username: Orange

Password: multimedia

Server: not set

MMSC: not set

MMS Proxy: not set

MMS port: not set

MMs Protocol: WAP 2.0

MCC: 234

MNC 33

Authentication type: PAP

APN type: default

2. spile

spile Well-Known Member

I am on PAYG Orange...
    Name: Orange GPRS Wap
    Apn: orangeinternet

MMS Protocol: WAP 2.0
    MCC: 234
    MNC: 33

All other settings: not set
    THTC and greylin like this.
  3. greylin

greylin Member

Oh, you wonderful person! This worked! Big Christmas kiss from me, and thank you very much.

(Four very long phone calls to Orange could not sort this out. Their customer service SUCKS.)
  4. spile

spile Well-Known Member

Thanks - "blush"
    In terms of Orange CS it depends on who you speak to. Their dedicated mobile intetrnet dept were great with me. Chap had a French accent, not that that is relevant in any way.
  5. THTC

THTC New Member

I've been given the merry runaround by Orange on this issue with my Motorola Dext - at least 5 runs through the APN setup, each one insisting that they had to go through it again, some giving different info, none working.
    Promises to call back - not kept.
    Sending me to a store to have the software updated only for the store to tell me that was only done instore for the iPh*ne.

Finally - a working 3G connection, thanks id:spile

I think Orange are about to get the big kiss goodbye - if they can't get something like their own network connection details right...
  6. greylin

greylin Member

My thoughts exactly as I find O2 customer service much better (it seems to be located in the UK for a start) but my husband wanted to hang on to Orange Wednesdays, which do save us a lot of money.
  7. tadcu

tadcu Member

Adding to this thread almost a year later:

I'm visiting the UK from the US with my unlocked HTC Inspire 4G (identical to the HTC Desire HD), purchased an Orange pay-as-you-go SIM card, have had no problems with voice/talk but (like others) had not been able to get the data/internet/email to work (GPRS only since 3G radio/frequencies in the US are different than in the UK).

Yesterday I was on the phone for 40 minutes with 3 different Orange customer service reps including their technical dept. They were very amiable and seemingly helpfull but the APN settings they told me to use did not work. In the end, they said perhaps there was a problem with my phone. I really felt that it should work so I searched and found this thread.

So, "spile", the settings you listed back on 24 Dec 2010 still work and my wife said that, since Christmas is coming again soon, to tell you a Big Kiss from her :)

8. spile

spile Well-Known Member