Orange UK Radio?

Last Updated:

1. Faqade

Faqade Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hi, I've just installed VillainRom 12 after some debating and of course the Orange update shambles! :) My question is about the radio update and whether or not it is needed. After I installed the custom rom and rebooted etc, the phone is showing 'Orange' and the signal and wifi seems to be working as it did before and I am yet to do the radio update in 'jUsT2eXy's' thread. Looking at the base band version now in the settings and it's showing up as '63.18.55.06EU_6.35.06.18' which is the same as before I rooted so does this mean I don't need to bother updating the radio?

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. messyhead

messyhead Well-Known Member

That's quite an old radio. You can upgrade to a newer one from here --> Link

You might see an improvement in signal strength using an up to date Radio.

Faqade likes this.
  3. Faqade

Just to let you know, just installed the latest radio now and fair play, VAST improvement with signal strength. I live in the hills of North Wales so signal was off and on especially on my hero but now it seems to be pretty constant and hasn't dropped yet where it usually does, extra bar or two aswell :) I must say though, while it was flashing the radio, I was nervous lol, turned out alright though so far. Cheers again mate.

4. bzzzzz

bzzzzz Well-Known Member

which radio did you go for in the end?

5. Faqade

The original radio on mine was: 63.18.55.06EU_6.35.06.18

and I updated to this version: 63.18.55.06PU_6.35.15.14

I was proper nervous doing it though lol, but it went ok :) Just make sure you read the guide about doing it and make sure your battery is fully charged etc man. I think it depends on where you are if you're going to see any improvement or not, luckily it's given my signal a bit of a boost.

Look up on here about updating the radio and follow the instructions really carefully: http://androidforums.com/all-things...nstall-custom-rom-backup-more.html#post454660

6. Twincam

Twincam Member

Just to add, i also flashed my radio from 63.18.55.06EU_6.35.06.18 to 63.18.55.06PU_6.35.15.14 on my orange branded hero and it went fine and improved my signal. I would recommend this to people using the old radio rom in poor reception areas.
    I too was nervous about bricking my phone, but all was well.

7. midge37

midge37 Well-Known Member

Been running VR12 for a couple of days but never bothered with Radio updates before. Took the plunge this morning, and all went without a hitch :) Will wait to see if I see any difference.