1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Orange UMA SettingsSupport

1. tym

tym Member

I've got an Orange branded Galaxy S II which I've unlocked. Obviously while the Orange SIM is in, the UMA works fine.

However, if I want to put nother network SIM in the UMA settings are set to Orange and it won't work. The "Signal Boost" app's about screen says it's open source.

How do I get to the settings for the UMA if I want a different network?

Tym

Advertisement
    :
  2. TheBrit

TheBrit Well-Known Member

You'll need to find out if your other network supports UMA and then get the settings for that.

Was it not obvious to you that the Orange UMA service will not work without an Orange SIM?
  3. tym

tym Member

Thanks for your oh-so-helpful reply! :p

Either I wrote it wrong, or you read it wrong. :confused:

Other networks, such as Voda, similarly offer a "signal boost". My current phone is obviously set up to work with Orange and their signal boost.
    When I bought a sim free blackberry pearl, I had to go into the engineering screen to manually put in the UMA settings for orange, so it would with with the orange sim; which it did...

So - the (obvious) question I was posting is: HOW to I change the UMA settings within an S2 to those of another network?:rolleyes:
  4. TheBrit

Point taken...don't know the answer to that.
  5. TheBrit

There's some info about it here.
  6. mattyboyo

mattyboyo Well-Known Member

Vodafone use Sure Signal not Signal Boost. Sure Signal is a femtocell, a little device that plugs into your home broadband and provides a short range 3g signal for registered devices. Signal boost is a system on the phone itself that allows it to use any wifi signal as a link to the orange network. So 2 different technologies that sun for the same goal. But the orange one is better because it works anywhere not just at home.
    tym likes this.
  7. tym

tym Member

Thanks for the clarification. I presumed they all used UMA type technology, like the blackberrys to.
  8. tym

tym Member