• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Berry2Droid

Android Enthusiast
Nov 17, 2009
NJ
Anyone ever use this app? It lets you wireless sync your phone with your comptuer to stream pretty much anything.

Download music, movies ect on your computer, and watch them from your phone. Watch your live webcam feed, aka security system ect..pretty cool app. You can get a tv tuner and then watch live tv through it as well as record live tv. Pretty sweet imo.

Its in market, full version for $9.99

Have you tried it? Does it work well? I've been using Subsonic forever and love that app.
Ive used the webcam part of it. Theres a 15s delay from whats going on till it hits your phone, which obiviously doesnt matter, but I just got a new computer and have no video or anything on it that I can test. Ide like to download every season of Southpark to watch while bored at work, but cant find a site to download them from.
There are several free apps that do most of these things (if you don't mind being on Wifi) and I wouldn't pay $10 just to have them all in one place..
This app has a webbased managment system as well as a application for your comptuer, so you can access and upload new things from anywhere. I mean its $10..Plus these other apps can RECORD live tv?

Upvote 0
This app has a webbased managment system as well as a application for your comptuer, so you can access and upload new things from anywhere. I mean its $10..Plus these other apps can RECORD live tv?

Yup, windows media center records all my TV shows and then I just file transfer it over wifi (takes like 5 mins for an hour-long show)Then I just delete it after I watch it.

Upvote 0
I had Orb running on my Windows 7 PC and bought the $10 app for my iPhone. I loved the idea, but it was not a stable affair. I was always messing with something. My goal was to get Sirius streamed to my iPhone so I could listen to Howard Stern. I got it working but it would always break and I'd have to mess with it and eventually get it working again... A Week later, rinse and repeat.

The issue seemed to be mainly related to the PC not the phone so I guess the phone part worked as described...

I wouldn't buy it again(for my Incredible), mainly because for me it was a pain.

I'm using Tversity and XiiaLive to do do what I need now... seems more stable.

Upvote 0
There are several free apps that do most of these things (if you don't mind being on Wifi) and I wouldn't pay $10 just to have them all in one place..
Which apps do you use?

I'm using Tversity and XiiaLive to do do what I need now... seems more stable.
I got tversity but what is xiialive?

Upvote 0
ten bucks is ten bucks..whatever. I just want to download southpark seasons on my computer(which i still havent been able to find), and watch them at work periodically when im bored. Thats all. I just dont wanna go through the trouble of compressing them ect to just put on my phone..Its worth $10 for me to not have to do that lol

Upvote 0
Orb for Android is horrible. I used it daily with WinMo and it worked great. It's currently installed on my pc and I will use it for file transfers, but music and especially video sucks. Until Coreplayer is released and we can stream MP4 from Orb, it's not for me.

For music, Audiogalaxy is awesome. No video solution yet.

And transferring videos from pc to phone via WiFi is not the same. To be able to stream any video from my pc at anytime from anywhere even over 3g is the goal.

Upvote 0
Stop saying you aren't going to buy orb... You don't have to. You just login at mycast.orb.com on your phone, and there's a couple formats that work better than the app just through the browser.

In 2.2 with real flash, the flash format actually looks pretty good.

I don't want to run orb and tversity though. Maybe in 2.2, the tversity flash site would be better.

I just wish there was a way to stream it naively without having to transcode it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones