Orb LiveGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Berry2Droid

Berry2Droid Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Anyone ever use this app? It lets you wireless sync your phone with your comptuer to stream pretty much anything.

Download music, movies ect on your computer, and watch them from your phone. Watch your live webcam feed, aka security system ect..pretty cool app. You can get a tv tuner and then watch live tv through it as well as record live tv. Pretty sweet imo.

Its in market, full version for $9.99

Advertisement
  2. upther

upther Well-Known Member

Have you tried it? Does it work well? I've been using Subsonic forever and love that app.

3. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

There are several free apps that do most of these things (if you don't mind being on Wifi) and I wouldn't pay $10 just to have them all in one place..

4. Berry2Droid

Ive used the webcam part of it. Theres a 15s delay from whats going on till it hits your phone, which obiviously doesnt matter, but I just got a new computer and have no video or anything on it that I can test. Ide like to download every season of Southpark to watch while bored at work, but cant find a site to download them from.
    This app has a webbased managment system as well as a application for your comptuer, so you can access and upload new things from anywhere. I mean its $10..Plus these other apps can RECORD live tv?

5. Draiko

Draiko Well-Known Member

It's good but still needs some work. It's a shameless iPhone port. Pics and Music work very well but Video, while working, is far from perfect. UI needs to be redone.

jonw757 likes this.
  6. necosino

Yup, windows media center records all my TV shows and then I just file transfer it over wifi (takes like 5 mins for an hour-long show)Then I just delete it after I watch it.

7. Berry2Droid

Nice, through a tv tuner?

8. necosino

Yeah, but I couldn't get it to pick up through my digital box so I only get standard channels. Then I found the G4 app and didn't care anymore, lol..

9. Deweygroup

Deweygroup Well-Known Member

I'll wait for the free version. It will come like everything else. Or it will be included in Gingerbread. I heard it's being released .......... just kidding.

10. Dmtalon

Dmtalon Well-Known Member

I had Orb running on my Windows 7 PC and bought the $10 app for my iPhone. I loved the idea, but it was not a stable affair. I was always messing with something. My goal was to get Sirius streamed to my iPhone so I could listen to Howard Stern. I got it working but it would always break and I'd have to mess with it and eventually get it working again... A Week later, rinse and repeat.

The issue seemed to be mainly related to the PC not the phone so I guess the phone part worked as described...

I wouldn't buy it again(for my Incredible), mainly because for me it was a pain.

I'm using Tversity and XiiaLive to do do what I need now... seems more stable.

11. NoShftShck16

NoShftShck16 Well-Known Member

You can just navigate to the website from your phone. I used to do that with my winmo.

How is SubSonic? I've been itchin to try that...

12. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter Administrator Moderator

Which apps do you use?

I got tversity but what is xiialive?

13. Dmtalon

Dmtalon Well-Known Member

There may be others, but xiialive its the only thing I found that seems stable streamming the tversity channels I created from siriusxmstreamer.

14. Berry2Droid

ten bucks is ten bucks..whatever. I just want to download southpark seasons on my computer(which i still havent been able to find), and watch them at work periodically when im bored. Thats all. I just dont wanna go through the trouble of compressing them ect to just put on my phone..Its worth $10 for me to not have to do that lol

15. pickthecrowdup

pickthecrowdup Member

Orb for Android is horrible. I used it daily with WinMo and it worked great. It's currently installed on my pc and I will use it for file transfers, but music and especially video sucks. Until Coreplayer is released and we can stream MP4 from Orb, it's not for me.

For music, Audiogalaxy is awesome. No video solution yet.

And transferring videos from pc to phone via WiFi is not the same. To be able to stream any video from my pc at anytime from anywhere even over 3g is the goal.

16. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter Administrator Moderator

Used orb on my 360, was sh*t quality compared to tversity....

17. illusionz

illusionz Well-Known Member

I wish there was a solution to streaming video over 3g from tversity.

I have TVersity set up for my 360, and I'm not buying Orb to do what Tversity does great.

Rockplayer devs said they would be support browser launched files, but that seemed to fizzle out.

Anyone have any solutions to this?

18. Adamx

Adamx Well-Known Member

Stop saying you aren't going to buy orb... You don't have to. You just login at mycast.orb.com on your phone, and there's a couple formats that work better than the app just through the browser.

In 2.2 with real flash, the flash format actually looks pretty good.

19. illusionz

illusionz Well-Known Member

I don't want to run orb and tversity though. Maybe in 2.2, the tversity flash site would be better.

I just wish there was a way to stream it naively without having to transcode it.