• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Order Shipment status from Motorola Store...

I just called Motorola and they said that my discounted XOOM was being processed today, and should be delivered to me either tomorrow or the next day.

And what day did it originally say your order shipped? 24th or 25th? And what shipping method did you select? Just trying to compare it to mine to get a ballpark idea; mine shows the 24th as the shipped date and I went with 1-day shipping.

Upvote 0
And what day did it originally say your order shipped? 24th or 25th? And what shipping method did you select? Just trying to compare it to mine to get a ballpark idea; mine shows the 24th as the shipped date and I went with 1-day shipping.

They didn't tell me when mine was shipped. I ordered mine over the phone to get the discount, so I am not able to see any information about the order online. All I know is that the order takes 1-2 business days to process, which means that today is the second day for processing. Which means it should ship today. Once it does ship, he told me I should receive the tracking number.

Upvote 0
As a little side note. Since we did all order the same tablet within, at most, three hours of each other, it would make sense that we receive our XOOMs on the same day. It looks like tomorrow might be that day, so please post here right when you receive yours!

Well I'd say that is true, except not all of us used the same shipping method. While many used the 2-day, I for one went with the 1-day, so those with the 1-day should get theirs first, yes?

Upvote 0
Well I'd say that is true, except not all of us used the same shipping method. While many used the 2-day, I for one went with the 1-day, so those with the 1-day should get theirs first, yes?

I would think so. Although, when I get 2-day shipping, the package usually comes during the 1st day. If that is the case, I feel bad for the people you wasted $14 on the 1-day shipping. I guess we will find out tomorrow...

Upvote 0
5:44 PM EST

I just got off the phone with motorola to check the status of my xoom that "shipped" on 2-24 via 1 day shipping. After 20 minutes of holding, she checked with a "supervisor" and said that it will ship out today via FedEx.

Also, if you are one of the people who didn't read the "must add to cart" text for the free case, you are SOL as well.

American call centers would be nice.....

Reactions: dscarfogliero
Upvote 0
I would think so. Although, when I get 2-day shipping, the package usually comes during the 1st day. If that is the case, I feel bad for the people you wasted $14 on the 1-day shipping. I guess we will find out tomorrow...

Hey the way I looked at it, I didn't even give shipping costs a thought when placing this order considering how much money I was saving. Got the Xoom, dock, folio, silicone case, and car charger, with shipping, for $65 less than what I was planning to spend that night at BBY for the Xoom alone! (plus no data plan cancellation to worry about). Hell I would have dropped $20 or $30 on shipping for that deal, lol. :D

Upvote 0
Hey the way I looked at it, I didn't even give shipping costs a thought when placing this order considering how much money I was saving. Got the Xoom, dock, folio, silicone case, and car charger, with shipping, for $65 less than what I was planning to spend that night at BBY for the Xoom alone! (plus no data plan cancellation to worry about). Hell I would have dropped $20 or $30 on shipping for that deal, lol. :D

Thats true. I still can't believe we got that deal!

Upvote 0
I am totally jealous of the people that got in on the deal. I'm really glad someone was able to buy the xoom at a price that makes sense.

I am sad to report that as soon as the final price was released I bought an ipad. Xoom is too much$. Not the same but I did violate it (jailbreak) and have my way with cydia.

Upvote 0
Got an email that stated it would ship tomorrow. The people on the phone stated it would ship friday or monday. Back on the phone and she does not even know when it will ship. She first stated the 3/2 so I would get it by 3/7 since its 3-5 business days. Waiting for a supervisor now.

So def not shipping today. She stated it would ship tomorrow which I highly doubt too. She also could not explain why the website shows shipped yet they show that it has not.

Upvote 0
Got an email that stated it would ship tomorrow. The people on the phone stated it would ship friday or monday. Back on the phone and she does not even know when it will ship. She first stated the 3/2 so I would get it by 3/7 since its 3-5 business days. Waiting for a supervisor now.

So def not shipping today. She stated it would ship tomorrow which I highly doubt too. She also could not explain why the website shows shipped yet they show that it has not.

Yep, I got the same run around and scripted responses!

Upvote 0
If this is anything like the last item (an accessory) I ordered from the Moto store with 2-day shipping, we should get shipment confirmation e-mails the day after we receive the actual shipment. It seems like there may be a slight disconnect from the order status system and the actual status.

If that's the case, the people that chose one-day shipping should be receiving theirs today - even without a tracking number.

I hate to complain, but this is getting a little ridiculous - no tracking number, no REAL ETA, and the order statuses have not changed since Thursday (3/24).

Upvote 0
Moto has a lot to learn about retail sales channels especially in the communication and customer service areas. For years they depended on wireless companies to handle everything and wireless companies were pretty horrible because they controlled the entire wireless food chain. Moto needs to make some major adjustments. The whole Xoom launch has been an odd bird. Love the Xoom but makes you wonder about your investment.

Still no tracking for me either and I am tired of calling customer service in India.

Now here is something to think about can you imagine sending in your tablet for the 4g upgrade. Seems it could get lost in black hole of India customer service dept. The thought of 6 days going by and having to call these guys makes me sweat.

Upvote 0
amazing. perhaps they did get a lot of orders and its causing a back log? id like to see the numbers of units sold since thursday thru the weekend and how many were direct from moto...

Say 1,000 got the deal. That is about $200,000 impact to their bottom line. Motorola could be trying to figure out how to accrue for loss and spread into the Q2 P&L, rather than eat it all in Q1.

Not seeing how this panned out very well for whoever was supposed to proof test the discount. Somebody in their customer service, or sales & marketing may be the fall-person for this. I hope you all can sleep well.... ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones