1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Ordered 5 Asus Nexus 7 16Gb through google but attemp to charge my debit card failed?Support

1. willter12

willter12 New Member

Ordered 5 Asus Nexus 7 16Gb through google but attemp to charge my debit card failed? I received the 5 tablets 5 days ago but still have not been charged. What will happen if i dont update payment but i have received the tablets already?
    Jul 25--An attempt to charge $1,347.12 to VISA xxx-4401 failed. You must update your payment information within 7 days or your order will be cancelled.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Unforgiven

Unforgiven What does this button do? Moderator

Contact your bank and see if there is a daily charge limit for debit purchases. I would also contact Google to try and work it out that way as I am sure they will not walk away from $1,350.
    jmar likes this.
  3. Skyroket

Skyroket Well-Known Member

the bank is waiting for you give em all!

$1,347.12 is large amount
  4. DanielM426

DanielM426 Well-Known Member

I almost have to wonder what would happen if you just played dumb. I seriously doubt that Google would ignore that there were 5 free tablets out there though.
  5. Jay Aristide

Jay Aristide Well-Known Member

Yeah, but he's not ignorant to the oversight at all. Playing dumb, in this case, equals theft, and nobody here should stand behind that. #JustSaying

Edit: Not saying you implied that. Just saying, someone worked hard to make those tablets, and they should get paid for them :)
    jmar likes this.
  6. zoxxo

zoxxo Well-Known Member

I find it odd that the charge was denied, yet Google shipped the product. I've never been that lucky and I usually end up with some finance charge somewhere. :rolleyes:

You must have made the credit gods happy in another life... ;)
  7. jmar

jmar Nexican VIP Member

I would advise against this method. Theft in any form is not supported in our forum. Hope you understand that I am not attacking you, but merely the notion of your response.

OP, I am sure you will investigate with an honest approach.

jmar
    Jay Aristide likes this.
  8. BlueHand70

BlueHand70 Member

They won't ship the tablets, no chance of anyone getting freebies with this. Google will simply cancel the order just like they stated, after 7 days. I went through a similar situation with Google. I found a N7 at a store while waiting for Google to ship mine. They refused to cancel my order, so I simply made sure funds were not available. Customer service on the phone acted like it was going to ship to me regardless, they just couldn't stop it. Nice bluff, no way would they ship an item without payment.

You still have plenty of time. If it's a bank card, I'd suggest calling the ph # on the actual bank card. This might streamline you directly to the proper people.

My mistake, OP. Skimmed your post, didn't realize they actually did ship to you. Props for following through.
  9. HotRoderX

HotRoderX Well-Known Member

99% of banks have a daily limit to how much you can charge to help fight fraud. Give them a call and tell them whats going on. I would also give Google a call and document every thing just in case.

Two Thumbs up for you doing the right thing