Ordered an htc hero ....from the uk

Last Updated:

1. valos1479

valos1479 Member This Topic's Starter

Well ive had the tmo usa g-1 ...since it came out ....

Been reading about the hero since its been announced ..and it seems like a fantastic phone.and it doesnt look like my area will be getting it soon.

So my g/f decided to preorder me the hero yesterday ....

The cheapest i found it was 393 pounds including international shipping.

On superetrader.co.uk

ill take pix and post em once i get it.

Anyone else buying an unlocked one?

Advertisement
  2. Quboid

Quboid Well-Known Member

I probably will as Vodafone have the best 3G coverage round my way and the best international deals. It's a shame, I think the white model is ugly TBH, I much prefer the pictures of Orange's graphite one. Perhaps it needs to be seen and felt in person.

My contract is nearly up, I feel like I should be able to screw them out of something by way of an upgrade but I can't think what.

3. Leelu1988

Leelu1988 Member

Im going with Orange because the Graphite one looks so much better than the rest.
    Seeing it in pink and an array of colours on the website the Graphite looks lush and very grown up. The orange website doesnt have the best picture of it but seeing it close up I am really pleased with it

4. NRG808

NRG808 New Member

I am on Vodafone also, and i am due an upgrade at the end of July, so i was a bit annoyed when Vodafone did not get the Hero. However, as i was looking about to see what upgrades were on offer, i found this Tariffs - HTC Hero? - Mobile Phones Direct .

I can only assume that mobilephonesdirect.co.uk are shipping the Hero unbranded with Vodafone contract SIMs.

I am going to give them a call on the 22nd and see what kind of deals they are offering on upgrades.

5. cshih2

cshih2 Member

so will the Hero work just fine in US tmobile? do i still get to use all the internet funtion...etc just like tmobile US g1?

6. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

Hero would work on Wifi, or I have heard Edge ... but not On 3G the Frequencies are different between EU and US...